Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello ,

I had applied for Partner Visa Subclass 309 in April after my husband and i got married,He is an Austalian Citizen .In June,I joined him here on a tourist visa (Subclass 600) . I have now received an email asking to leave Australia so that a decision can be made on my Partner Visa.It's been 11 days since the email was sent and I have a few questions regarding my exit:

1.When will I be granted the Temporary visa after my departure and for how many days do I leave the country ?(This is important as i need to make flight bookings in less than a week.)
2.When will I be assigned a case officer?

Please feel free to share your experiences in your Partner Visa approval and in your Australia exit process.
Thank you very much for your time and effort :)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hello ,

I had applied for Partner Visa Subclass 309 in April after my husband, and i got married,He is an Austalian Citizen .In June,I joined him here on a tourist visa (Subclass 600) . I have now received an email asking to leave Australia so that a decision can be made on my Partner Visa.It's been 11 days since the email was sent and I have a few questions regarding my exit:

1.When will I be granted the Temporary visa after my departure and for how many days do I leave the country ?(This is important as i need to make flight bookings in less than a week.)
2.When will I be assigned a case officer?

Please feel free to share your experiences in your Partner Visa approval and in your Australia exit process.
Thank you very much for your time and effort :)
If you have asked to leave Australia for the visa grant then someone has already looked at your case, probably your case officer. I think they say you should go over seeas one week or two to ensure the visa is finalised, however when this happened to my husband earlier in the year, i emailed from the airport to say we're leaving the country, and we had our visa grant in our email when we touched down overseas, just a few hours later. I would reccomend giving them notice of your travel plans then when you are about to leave, or already over seas, email to remind them you've left the country. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much. This information is very useful.

I am planning on writing to them that I will be going next week. However, do I have to wait until they respond to my mail? I do not want to be stuck over seas without a response from them. Also, how long do they generally take to respond to the emails when you're informing them about your plans to travel ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you very much. This information is very useful.

I am planning on writing to them that I will be going next week. However, do I have to wait until they respond to my mail? I do not want to be stuck over seas without a response from them. Also, how long do they generally take to respond to the emails when you're informing them about your plans to travel ?
Hello,

I have received the same email from High Commission, delhi. Could you please let me know what happened in your case?

How many days did they take to issue your partner visa after leave Australia?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
You should reply to the email with your travel plans as soon as possible, and a reminder of your departure possibly after immigration and in the departure lounge at the airport.

Like many people you may have your decision when you land.

I have heard of a case that IMMI were sent either a email or an upload of travel intentions, but did not follow up either just before departure or while offshore. They did not get a decision before returning and from memory they had to go offshore again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.