Australia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been granted to leave and return on visa e under compassionate circumstances or any other matter? I’ve been told if I leave I cannot re enter but I’m on a mission to find a more positive answer :)

Thanks, Lacey

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
Has anyone been granted to leave and return on visa e under compassionate circumstances or any other matter? I've been told if I leave I cannot re enter but I'm on a mission to find a more positive answer :)

Thanks, Lacey
If you ask long and often enough, someone may tell you what you want to hear.

The reality is that you cannot re-enter on a BVE and you cannot be granted a BVB while holding a BVE.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My partner was on a BVE which was granted on condition he leaves within 48 hours. We were stopped at the airport where they told us that he wouldn’t be able to return for at least three years. We lodged a 309 partner visa application on 16 August 2018. This was granted )against all odds) on 26 April 2019. Nothing compelling about our circumstances. At the time of our application in August 2018, my divorce had not come through, 30 years age difference, overstayed for about 4 years. My partner is now on provisional partner visa....so to answer your question, yes it can be done.

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
My partner was on a BVE which was granted on condition he leaves within 48 hours. We were stopped at the airport where they told us that he wouldn't be able to return for at least three years. We lodged a 309 partner visa application on 16 August 2018. This was granted )against all odds) on 26 April 2019. Nothing compelling about our circumstances. At the time of our application in August 2018, my divorce had not come through, 30 years age difference, overstayed for about 4 years. My partner is now on provisional partner visa....so to answer your question, yes it can be done.
I have heard that an application for a partner visa can override a 3 year ban.

Not sure about other visa applications.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
My partner was on a BVE which was granted on condition he leaves within 48 hours. We were stopped at the airport where they told us that he wouldn't be able to return for at least three years. We lodged a 309 partner visa application on 16 August 2018. This was granted )against all odds) on 26 April 2019. Nothing compelling about our circumstances. At the time of our application in August 2018, my divorce had not come through, 30 years age difference, overstayed for about 4 years. My partner is now on provisional partner visa....so to answer your question, yes it can be done.
This is the OP's question.

Has anyone been granted to leave and return on visa e under compassionate circumstances or any other matter

Leaving and applying for another visa is a very different question - your case is not that uncommon as the Partner Visas are excluded from your mentioned 3 year exclusion period.

An 820 application would see you in a very different situation, the 309 could have taken a short or a long time - your process time seems pretty fast - but that had zero to do with the BVE as it was not relevant to your 309 application.

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
There is no such thing as a universal 3 year "ban" and the "advice" people leaving on BVEs receive from Border Force staff is incorrect.

A 3 year exclusion period applies to most temporary visas, like tourist visas, if you left Australia on a BVE. It is called Public Interest Criteria 4014 .

This does not apply to partner visas , so no compelling circumstances required at all.

You cannot leave and re-enter on a BVE.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi.I left australia on BVE because I overstayed for 9 months as I was afraid to leave him behind and go back to my country.But he moved with me and we got married and have been living together for 2 years. Now we are applying for offshore partner visa and I am extremely nervous about the interview and grilling thats going to happen. Can you share your experience and difficulties you faced,if any ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.