Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are in the process of collecting all our information to finally submit our application for the partner visa. We are in Australia at the moment, is it possible to leave once we handed in our application, while we are waiting for approval due to financial reasons and the long period it is currently taking to process them?
We were thinking of staying in NZ for the interim (as we can both work) and would be available for our case worker interview when necessary.
Thank you everyone for all your posts and answers, this site is invaluable!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I think it depends on what bridging visa (if any) you are put on. What visa are you on currently and is it about to run out? I think one bridging visa allows you to leave the country and the other doesn't. I think you can only leave in exceptional circumstances though?? This is just based loosely on what I read on the immigration website months and months ago though!

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
A bridging visa only gets granted if your current visa expires and you are in Australia.
For that to happen you need to have a visa which does not have a No Further Stay condition on it so you can apply in Australia and if you do have a visa with that condition, you cannot apply in Australia.

If you are planning on going to New Zealand, you may want to consider doing that and applying there for it is about $800 cheaper and may be processed a bit or a lot quicker too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.