Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm new to this forum and looking for some second opinions/advice on our specific situation.
Our relationship:
I'm Australian and my partners British, dating since February 2017 and we consider our de facto relationship as beginning April 2017.
April-july he stayed with me in my sharehouse (evidence would be stat decs from my housemate and family he previously lived with, transfers to my account for bills)
July-august we stayed together with his parents in the UK (evidence would be stat decs from them and their address on our joint and my own bank accounts)
August 2017 is when we signed our lease together in the UK

We contacted a registered migration agent recently who basically told us not to bother applying before officially cohabiting for at least 12 months. We know we're still eligible to apply now (our relationship is registered in Australia) but that's worried us.

What are your thoughts on our chances of being accepted if applying now? We have the usual evidence (joint bank account used regularly, lease, joint bills, joint travel, social aspects) just not a very long relationship yet. We have the possibility to wait and apply onshore later this year if it would help our case.
And would our time staying together before signing a lease be considered cohabiting?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Find another migration agent. The relationship registration overcomes the 12 month de- facto requirement.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.