Australia Forum banner

61 - 80 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
We updated proofs every 4 months . However just only history of phone calls, screen shots of messages, receipts sending money & parcels.
In Vietnam, it’s not easy to get a visitor visa. A lots of people got refusal. So we decided not to apply for that . And i just bought the house , I couldn’t afford to travel to Vietnam frequently. I save money for house and support my fiancé when he come over here in first few weeks until he can get a jobs.
It’s much easier to get the proofs if the couple can stay together.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
I think the country origins could have an impact on the processing times. For example I've been advised applications from Vietnam is classified in the 'high risk' category as such the approval rates/times might not be as fast as those applications from the UK or '' non high risk' countries....

I agree with AT8/3 re the tourist visitor refusal from VN, hence I didn't applied as wouldn't want to do anything to jeopardise our PMV application.

Regards
NB

·
Registered
144 Posts
Where the visa application gets processed definitely plays a part (not necessarily applicants country of origin)...
I dont think the tourist visitor refusal would not impact your PMV application... im pretty sure ive read somewhere here where some people have tourist visa refused but with successful partner visa...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi, guys I would like to share you the good news.

Finally, after 18 months of waiting my PMV was finalised last July 2, 2019.

Timeframe:

Lodged: December 17, 2017
S56 request: July 9, 2018 and February 1, 2019
Granted: July 2, 2019

My advice for those who are still waiting, to make sure that you provide everything on the checklist so that when they look at your application they can approve your visa straight away. Waiting for them to request you additional documents would make you wait longer. Lesson learned.

Thank you to those who helped me. See you on the next step Partner Visa 820/801.

·
Registered
153 Posts
AT i am so sorry. That is my biggest nightmare.. been waiting 19 months and my fiance has his interview in 2 weeks. N i have no clue what will we do if he doesnt get approved as he is a refugee.. so even if i moved to austria there is no assurance he will be able to stay. Its just messy. Its scary how much control they have over our lives.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi, guys I would like to share you the good news.

Finally, after 18 months of waiting my PMV was finalised last July 2, 2019.

Timeframe:

Lodged: December 17, 2017
S56 request: July 9, 2018 and February 1, 2019
Granted: July 2, 2019

My advice for those who are still waiting, to make sure that you provide everything on the checklist so that when they look at your application they can approve your visa straight away. Waiting for them to request you additional documents would make you wait longer. Lesson learned.

Thank you to those who helped me. See you on the next step Partner Visa 820/801.
Congratulations! See, you were granted this July. Lucky you!

·
Registered
48 Posts
After waiting for 11 months, I received the refusal of visa . I don't know what to do now. We just cry and cry
Sorry to hear about your refusal.
You mentioned you have an agent.
What is his/her advice?

Is it best to reapply instead or go through AAT?

·
Registered
27 Posts
They asked for CENOMAR (Certificate of No Marriage) but my fault was I sent them only the scanned copy. After 8 months they asked me to send them the same document but the original copy and need to be delivered directly to their office. Also, they need my updated NBI (Police Certificate).

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
That’s interesting, I don’t recall that was part of the PMV application requirement. There’s a Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM) form which need to be submitted as part of the PMV application and thought the form would proof the individuals are free to get marry else the office won’t accept the registration. But I could be wrong 🙂

Regards
NB

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
That's interesting, I don't recall that was part of the PMV application requirement. There's a Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM) form which need to be submitted as part of the PMV application and thought the form would proof the individuals are free to get marry else the office won't accept the registration. But I could be wrong 🙂

Regards
NB
It is a requirement for applicants from the Philippines. And it needs to be sent direct from the NSO to the Australian embassy.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Thanks JandE for the clarification.

Regards
NB
I think there are quite a few differences between countries.
I've seen that PMV applicants from some countries have had to have interviews, but it wasn't something we heard of from the Philippines.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sorry to hear about your refusal.
You mentioned you have an agent.
What is his/her advice?

Is it best to reapply instead or go through AAT?[/QUOTE]

We have 70days apply the form for appealing
If we reapply for new applications , we have to wait after 6 months
So we decide to appeal

·
Registered
153 Posts
They asked for CENOMAR (Certificate of No Marriage) but my fault was I sent them only the scanned copy. After 8 months they asked me to send them the same document but the original copy and need to be delivered directly to their office. Also, they need my updated NBI (Police Certificate).
My fiance had provided it and so did i which made no sense.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You wouldn't go back in the queue as such. What you should be concerned about is if you can meet the much stricter requirements for a 309 visa.

My most recent PMV from a high risk country took 5 months, while another one from a low risk country took almost 12 months.

It depends on both the processing centre dealing with the application plus individual factors.
hi Nick, so would you agree that processing time is a lottery when it says that 75% go through in 14 months and you get some in 5 months. It appears that we had no luck in this lottery since all our documents for 309 (which had a 12-16 processing time frame) visa were in order and CO contacted us 13 months after application and then required new police check (and nothing else) which took another 4 months to get and then health checks expired and so forth. The longer immigration waits to pick up an application, the more a applicant is being punished instead of being helped. The system seems to run out of control. regards mounteverest

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm awared that the global processing time for this visa is between 14-21 months as indicated on the Dept's website. Just wondering if anyone could provide advice/tips for a speedy and successful outcome?
Actually the processing times are :

300 - Prospective Marriage (subclass 300).
75% processed in under 14 months.
10% processed in over 21 months.

You don't know how close you might be. People who include everything required initially, rarely get any contact until they get the grant.
I kinda disagree with j and e. It depends on your circumstances as ive had to provide documents that were not even listed as immigration needing and i made sure we provided everything first instance even medicals.
If you have travelled it helps you. As they can see you go back to your country and so on.
But i dnt think it matters what partner visa u apply for its seems to be quite equal. Where you are from makes a difference also.

·
Registered
153 Posts
If you want it to go quick i think my advice to u is provide what ever u can so they will have no questions. I even had to write statements my fiance had to sign. Thats what immigration requested.
Be honest and transparent. But its a little like the lotto. You could take 4 months or 15months who knows depending on the office. But you get more of an idea by looking at people who have been processed through your office.
Anyway good luck!

·
Registered
153 Posts
In the end its people processing ur visa. So some people might think you need more info than others. 😃
Its also hard for them as they need to judge if your in live or a con man.

61 - 80 of 106 Posts