Australia Forum banner

81 - 100 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, would anyone know of any recent PMV grants? I noticed that the global processing times changed again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey my fiance was approved on the 28 august. After 21 months.
It was a loong wait, but hey, congratulations!!! And thanks for your response. I wonder if the long processing time for PH applicants is now the norm? Noticed that it's generally slowing down for most of us.

·
Registered
48 Posts
yeah, you gotta wait 18 months... youre lucky if you will be granted less than that... how long have you been waiting now?

Hey my fiance was approved on the 28 august. After 21 months.
It was a loong wait, but hey, congratulations!!! And thanks for your response. I wonder if the long processing time for PH applicants is now the norm? Noticed that it's generally slowing down for most of us.

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
yeah, you gotta wait 18 months... youre lucky if you will be granted less than that... how long have you been waiting now?
Times for some do seem longer, but 75% were completed in under 17 months in August. It was 15 months in July.

The Philippines does seem to have some of the longest times currently.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Hi all

We finally got the approval after 13 months wait! :)

My tips for those sponsoring partner from Vietnam, the ' single status certificate' is a requirement by the Consulate in Vietnam as part of the subclass 300 application, although it's not indicated on the Dept's website, so should submit it as part of your application in order to avoid/minimise unnecessary delays.

Best of luck to anyone who's still waiting.

Regards
NB

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all

We finally got the approval after 13 months wait! :)

My tips for those sponsoring partner from Vietnam, the ' single status certificate' is a requirement by the Consulate in Vietnam as part of the subclass 300 application, although it's not indicated on the Dept's website, so should submit it as part of your application in order to avoid/minimise unnecessary delays.

Best of luck to anyone who's still waiting.

Regards
NB
Congrats!

What's your timeline?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #91

Our PMV was lodged in Oct 2018, interviewed in Aug 2019, granted Nov 2019. We've promptly submitted any further information request posted the interview so don't know why it took so long... but extremely relief that the waiting game is over in the interim.
The process is not completed as we'll still need to apply for the permanent visa.

Cheers
NB

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Hi A/T 83

It's been a while, just want to know if you had any luck with appealing the visa refusal of your 300 visa application?

Best of luck if you're still waiting for the outcome.

Regards
NB

·
Registered
322 Posts

Our PMV was lodged in Oct 2018, interviewed in Aug 2019, granted Nov 2019. We've promptly submitted any further information request posted the interview so don't know why it took so long... but extremely relief that the waiting game is over in the interim.
The process is not completed as we'll still need to apply for the permanent visa.

Cheers
NB
sorry to bother you but I wonder if you could tell me if that new rule came in about sponsor having to show if he or she has not been a domestic abuser etc ? I know in last few years the sponsor has to have av police certificate which seems crazy as he or she is an aussie citizen .

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
sorry to bother you but I wonder if you could tell me if that new rule came in about sponsor having to show if he or she has not been a domestic abuser etc ? I know in last few years the sponsor has to have av police certificate which seems crazy as he or she is an aussie citizen .
The police check on the sponsor is to protect the applicant.

Not all sponsors are Australian citizens.

Not all sponsors have the right intentions, and these checks are to try to stop the few odd ones from creating unacceptable situations.

The current rules are:

If you want to sponsor an applicant for a Prospective Marriage (subclass 300) visa or a Partner visa, you must:

• provide an Australian and foreign police check when you apply for sponsorship
  • give us written consent to disclose any convictions for relevant offences to the visa applicant.

We will refuse the visa application if you don't provide the checks or give us consent to disclose any relevant offences to the applicant.

It is important that the visa applicant is fully aware of the sponsors police history, if any. It is also comforting for them to know the sponsor has no such isssues.

·
Registered
322 Posts
The police check on the sponsor is to protect the applicant.

Not all sponsors are Australian citizens.

Not all sponsors have the right intentions, and these checks are to try to stop the few odd ones from creating unacceptable situations.

The current rules are:

If you want to sponsor an applicant for a Prospective Marriage (subclass 300) visa or a Partner visa, you must:

• provide an Australian and foreign police check when you apply for sponsorship
  • give us written consent to disclose any convictions for relevant offences to the visa applicant.

We will refuse the visa application if you don't provide the checks or give us consent to disclose any relevant offences to the applicant.

It is important that the visa applicant is fully aware of the sponsors police history, if any. It is also comforting for them to know the sponsor has no such isssues.
thanks so much for the comprehensive summary . maybe I am losing it as old now but I was under the impression that police check on sponsor was brought in some years ago but there was another test more recently which maybe has not been passed in OZ parliament ? It seems that only answer for me is to return home to Perth, W.A from England when safe to do so and put up with quarantine fee of $3000 ( so many expenses and wish I was not a pensioner and had a nice salary - smile ! ) . Then in due course my fiancee who is in Ukraine could come to OZ on a visitor visa and maybe do either an onshore partner application( if allowed to ) if we get married or
a PMV from abroad . That is the plan but covid 19 affects all plans ! ( smile ) . any idea if aussie government are getting as racist and xenophobic as Tory brexit government here and might try to not grant visitor visas ? Hoping not .

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
I was under the impression that police check on sponsor was brought in some years ago but there was another test more recently which maybe has not been passed in OZ parliament ?
That one so far only applies to parent visas, where the sponsor applies first, but otherwise seems to be the same thing.

I think it is still intended for partner visas eventually.

·
Registered
322 Posts
That one so far only applies to parent visas, where the sponsor applies first, but otherwise seems to be the same thing.

I think it is still intended for partner visas eventually.
thanks and now I remember it when you said SPONSOR applies first . I remember there was talk that it would make an onshore partner visa application difficult because of time taken to process it . It seems that they now have one less problem until
the government brings it in for partner visas to make life more difficult .
what actually is sponsor applying for if it comes in but I bet they want the now huge visa fee before they will process it orhopefully not ? thanks again for your assistance

·
Super Moderator
2,100 Posts
thanks and now I remember it when you said SPONSOR applies first . I remember there was talk that it would make an onshore partner visa application difficult because of time taken to process it . It seems that they now have one less problem until
the government brings it in for partner visas to make life more difficult .
what actually is sponsor applying for if it comes in but I bet they want the now huge visa fee before they will process it orhopefully not ? thanks again for your assistance
The Bill has actually passed and has been given Royal Assent, the department has chosen not to implement it at this stage, however it could be implemented with little or no warning at any stage.

·
Registered
322 Posts
thanks a lot aussiesteve . Can you refresh my old mind on what a sponsor must now do as I have forgotten as it was first touted a few years ago I think ? Would it mean the huge visa fee would not have to be paid until after sponsor approval ? that would be fair but I think these governments like to get their hands on the dosh quickly and such easy pickings from vulnerable folk ! ( smile ).

·
Registered
128 Posts
thanks a lot aussiesteve . Can you refresh my old mind on what a sponsor must now do as I have forgotten as it was first touted a few years ago I think ? Would it mean the huge visa fee would not have to be paid until after sponsor approval ? that would be fair but I think these governments like to get their hands on the dosh quickly and such easy pickings from vulnerable folk ! ( smile ).
There was talk that the sponsor would apply for a smaller fee. $1k was being mentioned but that was probably just a guess. Then once approved the applicant could apply, maybe for a smaller than $7700 fee but who knows.

Currently, the sponsor doesn't have to do anything different than has been the case for a long time. The applicant applies then pays. Then the sponsor can do their application

81 - 100 of 106 Posts