Australia Forum banner

101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
we have to be thankful for small mercies I guess and even a thousand dollars is outrageous for time they spend checking it or maybe some folk think not and accept government line ! ( wry smile ) .

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
thanks a lot aussiesteve . Can you refresh my old mind on what a sponsor must now do as I have forgotten as it was first touted a few years ago I think ? Would it mean the huge visa fee would not have to be paid until after sponsor approval ? that would be fair but I think these governments like to get their hands on the dosh quickly and such easy pickings from vulnerable folk ! ( smile ).
From what I have seen, the future rule would be that the sponsor pays a fee, (smaller than the applicant. I think I saw about $400 mentioned at one time), and if approved, the applicant then does the normal application and fee.

In theory the sponsor check can be done quickly .

The sponsorship application fee for the parent visa is $420, and that was implemented on 1 July 2019.

·
Registered
322 Posts
thanks a lot JandE . So it is really just almost a repeat of the Police clearance as that
would show if sponsor had any offences in the past .

·
Registered
10 Posts
300 Applied - September 2018
300 Granted - April 2019 (it would have been granted in January however we were waiting for a new passport which took longer than usual)

London office was amazing! Very quick with replies.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm reading above that a lot of applications summit medical certificates when applying? I thought you had to wait for the CO to request you supply one from a authorised medical practitioner in that country?

101 - 106 of 106 Posts