Australia Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help, I have an enquiry regarding visas and refugees.

My cousin is a lesbian living in Iraq and suffering from abuse within her family.. She is locked at home all day and is unable to work or do anything due to her family being overly controlling. She can't even leave the house without one of them accompanying her. They are currently trying to force her to marry strangers, and she's afraid.. The situation in Iraq is intensely dangerous for LGBT+ people.. Murder and torture are regular occurrences. Her mother found out she's a lesbian, hence forcing her to marry a man in an attempt to 'cure' her..

The only way her parents would allow her to get out of Iraq is via education here in Australia, since my relatives here can watch her closely, or via marriage with a relative.

Finding education for her here is difficult, and we're not sure if it's possible.. Most places I've asked stop responding after finding out she's Iraqi. A friend told me it may be due to the difficult process for bringing students from a nation such as Iraq..

I'd like to know if it's possible for her to apply for a Prospect Marriage with me, then come here but quickly apply for a Protection Visa, or something of that sorts, and stay here without it affecting my ability to marry a foreigner in the future..
I'm a gay male and have a partner living abroad in a repressive nation. I just want to know if this process will affect our ability to get married or not..

I really want to help my cousin, but I also don't want to neglect and leave my boyfriend behind..

If there is another path that you think might work, please let me know. I really want her to get out safely. She's like a sister to me, and I'm constantly worried about her.

Thank you in advance.
Kind regards, Ayman.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts