Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Yes, screenshots are good. Some people choose to screenshot bits of conversations over time. Organizing them into a single pdf is a great idea.

They do want some photographs. If I recall, I think we used around 15-20. Rather than a bunch of selfies, we used photos that matched our evidence. So if we provided evidence of us on holiday, a photo of us with a significant landmark known to that area would correspond to the evidence. Also photos with friends or family are good to show the relationship is known to others.

Hard to say. You can spend hours and days in this forum and not read all the responses to types of evidence people have provided. Of course, every relationship is different. Best advice here is to think outside the box because there are a lot of things that can be used that you wouldn't even think of.

Just tell it how it is and stick to the facts. "We met through mutual friends at a concert in 20_ _... Got engaged on ... We visit each other ____ times ... " etc. This is all in your own words so say it how you like, but try and be more factual than going off on a tangent about things that are a bit irrelevant to the question.

Once the 300 is granted, you must enter Australia at least once before marrying and can marry anywhere in the world. The 300 comes with travel rights so you can come and go as you please until it expires. Make sure you apply for the 820/801 before it expires. Keep in mind that the BVA doesn't come with travel rights, but also doesn't go into effect until the 300 expires. So you can still travel after making the 820/801 application if the 300 is still in effect, but if the 820 isn't granted before the 300 expires, then you'll be on a BVA and need a BVB to leave and reenter.

Once you have the 300 grant, you pretty much know that you're able to move to Australia and stay there. There is a must make first entry by date on the 300 so you may need to fly and activate it, but you don't have to marry after that first entry. In fact, you can come and go to Australia however much you like as long as you end up marrying at some point on the 300 and applying the 820/801. When you get married during the 300 is irrelevant and there's nothing forcing you to stay onshore after marrying.

You don't have to mention your dog, as it has nothing to do with a partner visa. But you can choose to add it as extra evidence of your commitment to each other, if you choose. We mentioned importing our dog.

I hope you've done your research on importing a dog. Not sure about Switzerland as each country is different, but I'm from the U.S. and we couldn't move the dog until 170 days after the required blood test was done, so it's definitely something that needs to be planned pretty far ahead of time. Also, be prepared to spend a pretty penny. Can cost several thousand of dollars, and even more if you use a company to handle the paperwork for you.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Yes, there's no reason why you can't provide statements from non-Australian citizens or PR holders.

When my partner and I were long distance, we discussed future plans (including when we'd be seeing each other again) in our statements.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.