Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lets email Peter Dutton

3K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  ampk 
#1 ·
Do you guys think if anyone of us having visa issues (genuine and fulfils all criteria, plus with no criminal /character issues or records) can email Peter Dutton he will be able to help us ? Probably he may exercise 'common sense' intervention to expedite cases , perhaps ? lol

#2 ·
Ministerial intervention is for a review of cases that have been rejected, not to ask to jump the queue over other applicants. So I doubt it would have any effect other than to express frustration over the time required to get through the high case loads. But unless people are willing to either pay more tax or pay higher application fees, I doubt they will hire more case officers.

#6 ·
I have lodged a hopeless application and taken it to review where the refusal decision was certain to be affirmed, solely to enliven 'ministerial intervention', The minister saw fit to intervene and granted a permanent resident visa.

If a tribunal is informed that an application is pro forma and has been lodged without an expectation of success, to enliven ministerial intervention, and the tribunal publishes an opinion that ministerial intervention might be appropriate this goes some way to having a request considered by the minister

It is possible in some cases to request ministerial intervention, without going to a review.

#3 · (Edited)
The Honourable Minister Dutton is no longer dealing with such matters.

It would be possible to lodge a FoI request to ascertain how many young (and not so young) women have been 'turned back' for looking as if they might have intended to work. And not only women - there was classic case in Darwin years ago where a deaf man was interviewed by telephone and cancelled because he was carrying some pots and pans; his tools of trade. All he wanted to do was visit his family and show them what he knew. He won a review appeal, so the honourable, the minister, invested a good lump of taxpayers' money on a court appeal, and lost it again.

#4 ·
Pretty sure my 7k fee pays for a dedicated case worker for a month.

If most of us emailed Peter Dutton with our views I don think he would be very inclined to help us.

Unles you are well known within the AFL industry then you can just write a quick email and get what you want.

#8 ·
Pretty sure my 7k fee pays for a dedicated case worker for a month.
Probably not. Maybe 1.5 months. At a guess I would think that the case officers are at either an APS3/4 level and the person who approves their decision before it goes out would probably be APS6.

An APS3 gets about $5,000 per month before tax is they are at the top of the pay scale.

I am curious though how they are paid compared to other federal agencies....

#5 ·
DIFAP= The Department of Immigration and Foreign Au Pairs...

#11 ·
I've driven by there on my way to Dan Murphy's.

Quite the beer store there, not like the ones we have back home.

I love this country.

#13 ·
It seems that Case Officers are paid at local pay rates for the country the Embassy is in. Some years ago (maybe 4 or 5) I posted a link to a position of Case Officer/s at the Australian Embassy in Russia, that then converted to around $2,000 (AUD) per month and about what was the average wage for Moscow.

I saw one other for another country and that seemed similar to the average wage of the city that was in. Some countries don't list the wage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.