Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have been in a relationship with my Australian Boyfriend for over 1 year, we lived together for 3 months while i was on an ETA, then I went home for 2 months, and came back to live with him for another 3 months. so we have lived together for 6 months of our year relationship, with the last 4 months being apart :(

Upon returning to Australia I was questioned at the border. I mentioned who I would be staying with (his name, but i cant remember if i told them he was my boyfriend) and the officer asked for his date of birth and occupation and a few questions about my plans.

I now want to return, ideally for another 3 months, but I'm really worried I wouldn't be granted another visa due to the amount of time i've already spent in Australia. I have already used my whv, but me and my boyfriend were just friends during that time.
will immigration think i am trying to maintain residency on a tourist visa so refuse it?

we do not intent to apply for a partner visa yet because i know there is no way it would be granted based on the evidence we have. Despite being together a year we don't really have any proof that we actually lived together at all in that time. The only thing i can think of is that i changed my address with the bank and have a few letters delivered there. Bills are all included in the rent so we cant put my name on anything really.

My boyfriend is planning on coming to England for at least a year on a whv in may. So i would only need to enter Australia once more for a long time. should I tell them this if i get questioned?

I'm also unsure if i should apply for another ETA or an EVisitor being from the UK i can apply for either. they seem the same but is one more likely to be granted? Will they both allow me to visit my partner for 3 months? would i be more likely to be let in with no problems if i went for a shorter time? i'm so desperate to see him again but so scared to be questioned again

Thank you in advance for any advice anybody has

·
Registered
47 Posts
ETA and eVisitor can be granted in no time but it is highly possible that you will be questioned again when entering Australia. As border system may have already had a record of you being questioned previously, no one can guarantee your entry to Australia will be smooth next time and without further questioning, considering your situation. It is recommended to consult a migration agent. Or you may consider the partner visa option if you do really want to stay with your boyfriend, start collecting evidences and documents, or maybe register your relationship to waive the 12-month de-facto requirement.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.