Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am beyond stressed at this point and need some serious advice, any will help:

My partner and I are currently getting all of our documents together for our offshore partner visa application however we have limited information.
We have been dating since the end of 2010 when I was on a WHV, though we spent every night together we didnt officially move in together until June 2011 which is now over the 12 month requirement.
Since the lease and household bills were already in my partners name we didn't see any point in changing that.
We opened our first joint bank account in October of 2011 and have taken several trips together as he also moved back to Canada with me in March of this year so that we could stay together. We opened another joint bank account here in Canada in March 2012 when we arrived and have a lease in our names from that point as well. However from June 2011 - October 2011 we don't have any forms in both names. Since I was not a resident I only have a few mail items that were addressed to me at the same address as him from June - October.
We always pay cash for things (which I now regret) so it is also hard to prove financial aspects from our bank statements.
We have photos with family and 7 Statutory declarations from both our mutal friends and family members.
Does anyone have any advice for me of what I should include that perhaps I have not thought of?
Has anyone got refused for lack of information like this? I am just so worried that we will get rejected even though we have been living together for over 12 months and are in a committed relationship with plans for our future.
Thank you in advance for your tips and advice!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Try not to stress, from what I've seen on these forums immigration are quite relaxed. if there is anything you feel you need to explain (the few months where there are no joint bills) do so in your statement. Immigration officials are pretty reasonable people and your explanation sound likely so don't worry too much. I know it's no help but I realised we had missed a bit out of our application (can't even remember what now, something to do with our stat decs not having passport pages) and was freaking out for weeks. Visa was still granted without an issue though.
Good luck and think calm thoughts - I know it's stressful, I was stressed but as my partner kept reminding me we had lived together for ages and are in a genuine relationship and this process is to stop people who met last week so as long as it's 90% it's probably not an issue :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for your positive words. It is really helpful and good to hear at this point! We will be sending in everything we have within the next 3 weeks! Fingers crossed!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.