Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I got a 457 visa approved and moved to Australia, but most companies aren't accepting it for working purposes. Is anyone having the same issues?

Most companies nowadays only hire Permanent residents or Australia citizens. I feel like I am living illegally over here.

Australia is giving away "working visas" that aren't accepted by the labour market. It's immoral!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Didn't you need company sponsorhip for the visa and are you therefore not already employed? I don't see how you can be on a 457 and looking for work.

Otherwise, any temporary employment visa gives you the right to work but not an entitlement. Its up to you to secure a job, just like it would be in your home country. If I were an employer I would also prefer a permanent resident or citizen if I was looking for a longer term hire.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I'm on a De Facto relationship, my partner is a high skilled worker and I'm on her visa, but we cannot live on just one salary.

Australia is asking high skill workers to move here but aren't giving full working rights to the partners. It should be illegal!
I didn't move here to work part-time in a restaurant, but how can I get a job if most major companies are only hiring permanent residents or if you are in the high skill list!

Be aware of the new TSS visa before moving here! The whole job situation changed earlier this year.

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Many employers are reluctant to hire people who have temporary visas because there is the risk that your visa will be discontinued and they then have to find a new employee. All you can do is try to persevere in your job search.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Australian businesses prioritising Australian Labour should be illegal???
if you want high skilled workers to move here you have to receive as well their families... My partner moved here, because the company she works for couldn't find anyone for the position she has taken for almost a year!!

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
if you want high skilled workers to move here you have to receive as well their families... My partner moved here, because the company she works for couldn't find anyone for the position she has taken for almost a year!!
High skilled worker should = high pay and enough to have a family on a single income. More so if the job could not be filled for a year.

Partners have work rights so they can work if they wish or to want.

Have a read up on pilots and work visas both in Australia an USA.

A family should make an informed decisions to migrate any place - your concern has been mentioned a number of times over the years I have been on this forum.

That said what type of work do you do and what type of work do you want to do?

There are ways to work within the system to get the points on the board to get a great job without PR, but with a path to PR.

P.S. single parent single income for a long time, in a relationship and 5 kids single income or living off savings for a few years & single parent single income again.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
So because of this the government should force the company of your choice to hire you to the role of your choice, I suppose they should probably allow you to pick your wage as well.

So what is it that your partner does for work that make you such an important asset to Australia that Australians should be bypassed in the recruiting procesd and automatically give you the job.... Perhaps we should deport these evil Australians here stealing your jobs....

I had no problems working on temporary visas....i know many others that didnt, working in surveying, engineering and healthcare roles on visas that only allowed them to stay for 12 months...

You have work rights if your working skills were as high as your sense of self worth then you'd have a job in no time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.