Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

My finance and I are going through the process of applying for the 820 onshore. One thing I am nervous about is the evidence we have while living together on a 3 month holiday Visa.

She is from the USA and we started our relationship in October 2016. In Jan 2017 she came to Australia and stayed with me as we planned her relocating together. We were very much in a committed relationship at this point, however we don't have much in the way of household bills to prove it. Everything was in my name at that point.

In March she went home to apply for a working holiday Visa and returned to Melbourne in early May with it granted.

In Jan this year we had our de facto relationship registered with the Govt.

So my question is, are we likely to run into questions around the first three months of us living together, and what outside of bills can we use to prove that this wasnt a casual dating stage of the relationship?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Did you have mail posted to the address?
Receipts of items sent there?
Did you have any official documentation sent there?
Did you use a doctor and have the address on file?
Frequent flyer membership to that address?

Anything that has that address and your name written on it.

In your witness statements you could have your mutual friends include where they first met you, "i have known x for 12 months. Having first met her at partners names house in x".

When you applied for the tourist visa what did you put your status down as "defacto" I would hope?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mania,

Thanks for the reply. To answer your questions. (just clarifying I'm the sponsor rather than the applicant).

1. Yes we have some mail receipts, including an invitation to a friends wedding.
2. When my partner did the medical part, she was in the USA awaiting approval for the WHV, not sure what address she put there but we'll check.
3. Yes we have Frequent Flyers to this address.
4. We do have about 7 Form 888 from friends and family stating that they met her during that initial 3 months.
5. When she came to Australia on the tourist visa, I am not sure that she said de facto, as we'd only been in a relationship for 3 months prior to that and not living together.

Did you have mail posted to the address?
Receipts of items sent there?
Did you have any official documentation sent there?
Did you use a doctor and have the address on file?
Frequent flyer membership to that address?

Anything that has that address and your name written on it.

In your witness statements you could have your mutual friends include where they first met you, "i have known x for 12 months. Having first met her at partners names house in x".

When you applied for the tourist visa what did you put your status down as "defacto" I would hope?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
5: I suggest you make sure you know what was selected in that application, you don't need a blip down the line.

Based on what you've said above it seems you have ample evidence that she was living at that address.

All the questions are in relation to the applicant - they need to be able to show they had mail etc to that address :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.