Australia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, I hope everyone is staying safe during this confusing time. I started a thread about marriage and the subclass 820/801 Visa however I wanted to know if anyone on here had any experience about living with their family and their partner from overseas.

Due to the virus I am living back home with my parents. I won't go into details but it's going okay and we're all helping eachother out. I'm quite lucky if anything.

My family told me that if necessarily when my finacee comes to Australia she can stay in the family home if need be. As mentioned above, we would like to get married and file for the subclass 820/810. While researching this Visa however, I noticed that there is a lot of emphasis on sharing financial burdens, proof of sharing household responsibilities, etc. Like signed lease agreements and so forth, and letters addressed to both of us.

My fiancee and I are obviously both fine with sharing these responsibilities, if anything we're looking forward to it, but does it look poorly on our part if we're living with my parents while filing? I do my bit in the home, contribute, and I still have a job and when we find our feet we both want a place of our own. Does anyone have any experience in this situation?

As mentioned in my last thread, I realize it must seem ridiculous looking into these details while a travel ban is happening and it may take some time before we can file for this, but please be kind. I want to research all this while I have the time. I hope you are all going alright. Any advice is appreciated. :) Thank you.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
There are various ways of 'entangling' your financial affairs. It might pay you to consult a registered migration agent for advice about strategies applicable to your circumstances.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.