Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I have a student visa expiring on 18/02. I am ready to apply for 187 just waiting for IELTS result that I sat on 7/2 therefore results come on 20th. So I sat IELTS prior visa application I just dont have the results

Now comes the dilemma: TRF just comes with the result. I need TRF to apply for the VISA. I can't wait until I get it otherwise my visa will be expired. Options I am thinking:

-Do I apply for the visa with IELTS candidate number (it does go through) then 2 days later when I get Ielts I could lodge a 1023 with all correct information
-Or do I lodge with the information of an old IELTS from 5 years ago, then submit a 1023 with new IELTS information?
-Or my partner would apply for student VISA (paid english school regardless) and we get on a BV then 2 days later I could apply for 187 with IELTS in hand and withdraw SV application?
-Any other solution someone might think of?

Basically all the problem is for 2 days only. However i believe the last thing I would consider is apply after my visa expire no matter its only 2 days...

ANY help much appreciated

Thanks

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
Hi there

I have a student visa expiring on 18/02. I am ready to apply for 187 just waiting for IELTS result that I sat on 7/2 therefore results come on 20th. So I sat IELTS prior visa application I just dont have the results

Now comes the dilemma: TRF just comes with the result. I need TRF to apply for the VISA. I can't wait until I get it otherwise my visa will be expired. Options I am thinking:

-Do I apply for the visa with IELTS candidate number (it does go through) then 2 days later when I get Ielts I could lodge a 1023 with all correct information
-Or do I lodge with the information of an old IELTS from 5 years ago, then submit a 1023 with new IELTS information?
-Or my partner would apply for student VISA (paid english school regardless) and we get on a BV then 2 days later I could apply for 187 with IELTS in hand and withdraw SV application?
-Any other solution someone might think of?

Basically all the problem is for 2 days only. However i believe the last thing I would consider is apply after my visa expire no matter its only 2 days...

ANY help much appreciated

Thanks
Check Subclass 040 Bridging (Prospective Applicant)

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
You may lodge your application with details of your test. Hopefully it will go through without Test Report Number. For the 187 you are required to have Competent English. This is defined in Regulation 1.15 (C) as having scored at least 6 in each part of the the IELTS test (or equivalent in the other tests) in a test taken within the last 3 years. As you have taken the test but don't have the result you comply with R1.15(c) (As long as you get the required score).

Westly, unfortunately a BVD is not valid visa for lodging a 187 application. Only BVA, BVB and BVC.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.