Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

My Australian partner and I are currently living in the UK (I'm British). We had always planned to lodge our partner visa application while in the UK and then when it was granted move over to Aus. However, we've heard recently that you can actually apply for the visa while in Australia, and then be placed onto a bridging visa (and able to work) while it's being processed. The only problem is I've already used up my holiday working visa, and so would only be able to go over on a 3 month tourist visa.

Our question is - are you able to lodge a de facto partner application while on a 3 month tourist visa in Australia. Our main concern would be the border authorities being funny about letting someone in on a tourist visa who "plans to apply for a partner visa" and has no return flight back to the UK and essentially not letting me in.

Has anyone done this or know if this can be done?

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
If you do a search on the forum you will find lots of posts on the subject.

If you are in Australia on a valid visa without a “ no further stay” condition there is nothing to stop you from lodging another visa application while in Australia.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
An ETA will not have a "No Further Stay" condition attached.

** Don't plan to apply for an onshore partner visa - you can/will be turned away.

You are holidaying and visiting friends, until you change your mind.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.