Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi....
I am Irish and have been married to an Australian for 5 years, we have two kids who are now both Australian citizens. We are migrating to Australia as soon as I have received my visa, I have secured employment in Sydney on the grounds I get my residency.

I submitted my application in London at the end of November, I received a response from my case officer within 2 weeks, who looked for further information so as to determine whether I would qualify for a permanent visa or temporary. This was submitted the next day. My case officer now has a complete application, with medical docs and police checks (both Aus and Irish).

The initial email back from the case officer, said the average processing time is 5/6 months. I have not pushed him on the processing time as I dont want to annoy him. However my offer of employment is not open ended.

I am looking for some advice on how to proceed ? Naively I thought that as I have been married 5 years and have two Aussie daughters it would get processed very quickly.

Any advice on how to proceed ? or whether to try and tell the case officer that my offer of employment is dependent on my receiving my visa by a certain date....

thanks

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
I'd suspect that you would get PR straight away if the regs are followed though getting your visa processed quicker is another matter and without doing it too assertively, if you have not already advised them of an employment offer you could ask in an enquiringly kind of way whether there was anything you can do to help with the processing, kind of an open ended enquiry but do not expect anything too much.

If the employment offer is to be put in jeopardy and you would desire to keep it, you could consider as an interim looking at an employer sponsorship visa and even asking the CO whether there is an idea of how long one would take to be processed, that may in fact help some cogs to clunk over.

An employer sponsorship 457 temporary residency visa could likely happen within three months, perhaps a bit quicker but the employer also needs to apply and register the position so if there's eligibility on that front and the employer is happy enough to comply, they may even decide to use an immigration agent who may offer a service to include your personal side of the application for a minimal additional fee.
Seeing as you already have the police and medical checks done, using an agent that way may shave a few weeks or more off the processing.

The only issue then is that when the partner visa comes ready for granting, you'll need to take a trip across to New Zealand to have it granted and then fly back in on that visa.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.