Australia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
VISA GRANTED!!!

The best news to hear after waiting 10months!
My husband was assigned a case officer in March in which he just had to send in a police check and a letter from a family member confirming our relationship but then nothing!!!

After writing into then two weeks ago he got got told they they can't grant his visa while he is in Australia (he was here visiting me on a tourist one)

So once he left to NZ they granted his visa!🙌🏼

It has been a long wait and a few calls in..without much luck, but finally has come through.

So just some advice (as it's jot on the website) you can visit Australia while waiting but they can grant or process it while you at there (that's when applying from the UK)
That's amazing news congratulations!

I think I'd take ten months at this rate (it's nearly been six already). Do you mind me asking why they asked for further proof of your relationship? I've submitted mortgage documents and joint bank accounts, along with some other ancillary bits (not including a letter though) - hoping that will suffice!

Also, how did you know you were granted a case officer? Was that just because they asked for further documentation or did they send you separate correspondence?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Guys,

Myself (british) and my partner (kiwi) sent our 461 application off in early June 2018 to the London office, we haven't heard anything and have not received a notification of receipt. I'm really worried.. is this normal. How do you chase up a notification of receipt? Any help would be greatly appreciated as there is not much information online. The package was tracked to the visa office.

Thanks
Annie

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Guys,

Myself (british) and my partner (kiwi) sent our 461 application off in early June 2018 to the London office, we haven't heard anything and have not received a notification of receipt. I'm really worried.. is this normal. How do you chase up a notification of receipt? Any help would be greatly appreciated as there is not much information online. The package was tracked to the visa office.

Thanks
Annie
Have they taken the money from your account? I would say that is an effective way of determining whether they've received.

Failing that, call the global visa number - +61 2 6196 0196 (I think!).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Guys,

Thanks
Annie
Have they taken the money from your account? I would say that is an effective way of determining whether they've received.

Failing that, call the global visa number - +61 2 6196 0196 (I think!).
Thanks for replying, we paid through the pre pay immi account service so it was already paid when I sent off the application. I wish I had done it the way everyone else had so I knew it had been looked at. I am worried I have not received a notification of receipt like everyone else. I will try to call the global visa number to see if I can chase that up. Cheers 🙂

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there, I received an acknowledgement of receipt from my 461 application on 26th July 2018.

I am just wondering what happens next really and how long the current processing time is. I have sent in all required documentation such as marriage certificate, police check etc.

Am I required to do a medical examination, biometrics and then visa can be granted?
It is so stressful not being able to track the whole process online. My husbands UK visa expires March 2019. I am hoping to follow soon after if all goes well. Any advise and info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there, I’m am currently waiting on my 461 visa to be granted in the UK. Is there anything you did to speed up the process? I received an email acknowledgment for lodging on July 26th 2018. I would also like to know if you had to undergo a medical check. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Many Thanks,

Kimberley

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi there, I'm am currently waiting on my 461 visa to be granted in the UK. Is there anything you did to speed up the process? I received an email acknowledgment for lodging on July 26th 2018. I would also like to know if you had to undergo a medical check. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Many Thanks,

Kimberley
I think it's simply a waiting game unfortunately. I've still heard nothing at the 8 month mark. Has anybody else had any progress?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yup - I think their official line is to wait for guidance on health and criminal record checks but, like you, we're trying anything to speed along the process so just got it done
Hi NZRo, any joy? We're not sure whether just to get the health exam and police check before sending ours off but not sure whether that's a waste of money given the current processing times!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi NZRo, any joy? We're not sure whether just to get the health exam and police check before sending ours off but not sure whether that's a waste of money given the current processing times!
I applied in Sydney and you have to include your police check(s) with your application.
Your case officer will contact you to have the chest x-rays/health checks when they require it, so don't waste your money getting this done prior to applying.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I applied in Sydney and you have to include your police check(s) with your application.
Your case officer will contact you to have the chest x-rays/health checks when they require it, so don't waste your money getting this done prior to applying.
Thanks LaurenK top intel! I thought you had to wait for the police check to be requested too. I was reading earlier on the govt site that if you're applying for a temporary visa and you're from a low risk country you might not be asked to do a medical exam. Has anyone had experience of their visa being granted without it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks LaurenK top intel! I thought you had to wait for the police check to be requested too. I was reading earlier on the govt site that if you're applying for a temporary visa and you're from a low risk country you might not be asked to do a medical exam. Has anyone had experience of their visa being granted without it?
My advice would be to use a reputable agent - I wish I'd shelled out the money to have that point of contact who could touch base with the embassy.

If you're not bothered about the time to process then you're fine, although I suspect you'll be waiting a significant time to hear anything and at least if you can call the agent you'll get an update of sorts. I tried calling a few and they seem to say the UK embassy is faster than the current processing times, so I'm still hopeful of sub 18 months!

I never sent a medical check but my guess is it will depend on factors such as age/nationality (the UK has reciprocal agreement w/Aus).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi London461, we'd already pulled together most of the materials so i think we're just gonna go for a visa checking service as we are ok with a wait (we've assumed this would take a couple of years so it's just a pleasant surprise if we hear sooner!)

I tried calling a few and they seem to say the UK embassy is faster than the current processing times, so I'm still hopeful of sub 18 months! .
Have you had any joy?

Daft question, but you definitely lodge your application in paper form at the London Embassy, right? The Embassy website redirects you to the gov.au website for initial applications ("Clients who have not yet lodged a visa or citizenship application should visit our website, www.homeaffairs.gov.au.", which in turn says the form should be lodged at their address in Sydney?! I'm now paranoid everything I've been reading is wrong!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi London461, we'd already pulled together most of the materials so i think we're just gonna go for a visa checking service as we are ok with a wait (we've assumed this would take a couple of years so it's just a pleasant surprise if we hear sooner!)

Have you had any joy?

Daft question, but you definitely lodge your application in paper form at the London Embassy, right? The Embassy website redirects you to the gov.au website for initial applications ("Clients who have not yet lodged a visa or citizenship application should visit our website, www.homeaffairs.gov.au.", which in turn says the form should be lodged at their address in Sydney?! I'm now paranoid everything I've been reading is wrong!
Yes, I applied via post to the London embassy. I'm not aware of any changes however perhaps give the Global Visa number a call to verify as I'm certainly no expert!

·
Registered
4 Posts
VISA GRANTED!

I received an email on 15/02/19, which notified of granted visa. Whole process has taken 7months from within the UK. I was emailed in January for some additional information, which I sent back promptly (bills, letters from family and friends and we sent in some photographs - our choice).

Very excited to start life with my husband and dogs in Aussie.

Kimberley

·
Registered
21 Posts
VISA GRANTED!

I received an email on 15/02/19, which notified of granted visa. Whole process has taken 7months from within the UK. I was emailed in January for some additional information, which I sent back promptly (bills, letters from family and friends and we sent in some photographs - our choice).

Kimberley
Congratulations! So happy for you guys - all the best!

Did you need to get a medical check in the end?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you! 😊 No medical check mentioned in my visa grant. Think medical checks are only needed depending on which country you are in. Also, don’t think they are required for temporary visas.

Wishing everyone on here the best of luck with applications and thank you for the advice, really appreciate it.

Many Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
VISA GRANTED!

Kimberley
Congratulations! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't slightly envious....!

All the best for your new life - sounds super exciting.

·
Registered
15 Posts
7 months give me hope - the immigration sites now saying 90% within 23 months!!

We applied in November but haven’t heard anything past the confirmation of the application...

Are police checks not usually asked for from the U.K.?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi KC24, as above we got the Police check and my non-NZ partner logged onto the MyHealthDeclarations website and filled in where she lived and it came back with a little certificate saying no health tests required because we're from a low risk country - we just attached this certificate to our application.

I'm giving advice as if I'm an expert but I applied in May 2018 and still no word.

Congratulations Kimberly!

21 - 40 of 105 Posts