Australia Forum banner

81 - 100 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi all,

We finally received the visa grant notice yesterday - such a relief after over 15 months of waiting! To help those currently in the process here’s an outline of our timeline:

Application date: June 2018
Further info requested: August 2019
Visa grant: September 2019

In terms of info provided, we supplied on application: application form; form 80 for myself (the applicant); joint bank statements; joint tenancy agreements; joint mortgage documents; a print off of our Facebook friendship timeline; a police certificate for myself; various other letters indicating that we resided in the same house over a significant period of time. At the time of our application you could call the embassy directly (before moving to global service numbers) and they indicated that because our application was off-shore we did not need to certify any of the documents and that photocopies were acceptable. We never encountered any issues so I assume this advice was correct.

We heard absolutely nothing until last month when a case officer got in touch requesting a personal statement from both of us (I think this is compulsory so best to send on application), and a new police certificate. After sending both promptly (2 weeks after - the time to get a new certificate) it’s taken just under 2 weeks for the embassy to approve our visa.

Good luck to everyone!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just a quick update on our progress:

Visa Application Submitted: Friday 27th September 2019
Request For Further Information: Wednesday 9th October 2019

They've asked for:

1) Evidence of our continued relationship for the last 6 months (We have been together 12 years/married for 8), which can include:
• Joint financial or legal documents (mortgage, bank account, utility bills, wills)
• Individual financial or legal documents showing the same address
• Statutory declarations or statements from friends and family – no more than 2

2) Statements from my husband and I about how we met etc

3) A police check (we did not submit one with the application)

4) A SIGNED copy of my husbands passport - he forgot to sign it and I didnt even notice!

Was a little shocked/delighted to hear back within 2 WEEKS of submitting - had wrongly assumed our application would be sat on a shelf forever and a day :eek:

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is Awesome! What did you include in your initial application ?

Good luck

They've asked for:

1) Evidence of our continued relationship for the last 6 months (We have been together 12 years/married for 😎, which can include:
• Joint financial or legal documents (mortgage, bank account, utility bills, wills)
• Statutory declarations or statements from friends and family - no more than 2

4) A SIGNED copy of my husbands passport - he forgot to sign it and I didnt even notice!

Was a little shocked/delighted to hear back within 2 WEEKS of submitting - had wrongly assumed our application would be sat on a shelf forever and a day

·
Registered
15 Posts

They've asked for:

1) Evidence of our continued relationship for the last 6 months (We have been together 12 years/married for 8), which can include:

Was a little shocked/delighted to hear back within 2 WEEKS of submitting - had wrongly assumed our application would be sat on a shelf forever and a day :eek:
Hey KiwiMel,

Has your visa been approved yet?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Everyone, first post :)

I applied for my 461 in April 2019. I received a request for more information on 16th August 2019. Like everyone else I'm eagerly awaiting the grant of my visa.

Does anyone know in what order they are processing applications? I assume it's first in first out but that doesn't explain why the range in processing time on this thread being between 5 and 15 months.

I was excited to be asked for more information after 4 months but haven't heard back from my case officer since then. It's unclear at which point the London office are checking applications. It feels like most are done when it's their turn which makes it a little confusing for mine to come after 4 months and then not to hear back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
VISA GRANTED!

I received an email on 15/02/19, which notified of granted visa. Whole process has taken 7months from within the UK. I was emailed in January for some additional information, which I sent back promptly (bills, letters from family and friends and we sent in some photographs - our choice).

Very excited to start life with my husband and dogs in Aussie.

Kimberley
Hey Kimberley, could you give some more details on your application? At 7 months you are one of the fastest I've seen. Do you have any thoughts on why yours was so speedy? Great to know it's possible!

·
Registered
11 Posts

I applied for my 461 in April 2019. I received a request for more information on 16th August 2019. Like everyone else I'm eagerly awaiting the grant of my visa.

Does anyone know in what order they are processing applications? I assume it's first in first out but that doesn't explain why the range in processing time on this thread being between 5 and 15 months.

I was excited to be asked for more information after 4 months but haven't heard back from my case officer since then. It's unclear at which point the London office are checking applications. It feels like most are done when it's their turn which makes it a little confusing for mine to come after 4 months and then not to hear back.
Hi Alasdair461,

We applied in May 2018, were asked for a new Police Check in August 2019 and sent it straight away but haven't heard back since either - so you are not alone! Very odd!

Keep us informed of your progress :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Alasdair461. We too applied April 2019. Also request for police check Aug 2019 (even though they already had it). And ditto, nothing since. Seems there was a real flurry of activity in August from this thread.

·
Registered
894 Posts

They have some very opaque algorithms for this and it's certainly not first in / first out.

The fastest I've had in London this year is exactly 5 months.

·
Registered
9 Posts
VISA GRANTED!

I received an email on 15/02/19, which notified of granted visa. Whole process has taken 7months from within the UK. I was emailed in January for some additional information, which I sent back promptly (bills, letters from family and friends and we sent in some photographs - our choice).

Very excited to start life with my husband and dogs in Aussie.

Kimberley
Hi,

That is so fast! Would you be happy to list what documents and evidence you provided at the beginning? thanks so much

Kaleb

·
Registered
4 Posts
Phew! We did it! Update on timeline to date below:

Further Information Supplied: Tuesday 5th October 2019

For an idea of what additional info we submitted:

2018 Mortgage Statement
Individual financial or legal documents showing the same address
1. Applicant
2. Partner
2 x Holiday Itinerary including Christmas 2019 trip home plans.
Statutory declarations or statements from friends and family x 1 - Austrlian national and had it certified
Photographic Timeline April-September 2019
Additional Documentation
• Police Clearance - Colour Copy
• Signed Passport Copy
• Applicant Personal Statement
• Partner Personal Statement

Was super stressful, especially the personal statements as we have been together for 12 years and we had no real guidelines of what they truly wanted us to demonstrate. It was listed but still ......

We sit and wait. I keep thinking - How nice would it be to be able to surprise family with that golden ticket at Christmas! But I also do not want to get my hopes up based on the timelines I have seen on here.

They've asked for:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi All,

Just wanted to give an update. Visa finally granted!!

We applied end of October 2018, additional information requested August 2019, Character Reference & statement requested 16 October 2019, visa granted 28th October.

So happy - Flights we’re booked for this month, so came just in time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey, we are about to submit. Please can people share if they certified all supporting documents? Also where did you do that in London? Auz embassy and no embassy is expensive.
Thanks so much

·
Registered
894 Posts
Hey, we are about to submit. Please can people share if they certified all supporting documents? Also where did you do that in London? Auz embassy and no embassy is expensive.
Thanks so much
You should certify all documents that are copies of the original. You don't need to certify social media print-outs, letters, original stat decs etc.

A document certified offshore can be certified by:

(A) a registered migration agent

(B) a person who is the equivalent of a Justice of the Peace or Commissioner for Declarations in that place.

i.e. if you have a registered migration agent, they can do it, otherwise I generally recommend a local solicitor. They will usually do it for a modest fee.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Replying to my own post with very unexpected update! Visa granted. Timeline: applied mid April 2019, request for extra info mid Aug 2019 .... silence .... January sent a letter requesting they consider expediting on compassionate grounds (illness of family member in NZ) ... 24 hours later letter to say visa had been granted in August 2019 and apologies if the visa grant letter hadn’t been received. No idea what happened, but phew! It’s done. Good Luck all 🙂

·
Registered
9 Posts
We have now submitted the application for my partner for the 461 to the London Department of Home Affairs. It was signed for by lwona on Wednesday at 11am. Fingers crossed we get confirmation of this soon. How long have people waited for confirmation of receiving applications? Anyone else had any updates for 461?

Thanks
:)

Thanks so much

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Guys

New to the forum, and just having a browse through so thought I'd share.

We sent my husband's 461 to the London Embassy on 18 March. So now to play the waiting game.

We started to think about applying at the start of the year but didn't pull our finger out.

Since then the processing times have increased again and again. Now says 90% of applications processed within 32 months (I'm sure it was 31 months at the start of this week :confused:)

Will post an update if/when anything happens....

81 - 100 of 105 Posts