Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

(this will be along post and hope you will take time to read and share your thoughts please)
I am a new member here. I read a reply post of emiliesabella92 regarding the documents and evidence for partner and unfortunately I can't reply to the post maybe cos I am a newbie.
I have a lot of questions in my mind but I really don't know where to start.
I am in a long distance relationship and I am from Philippines while my boyfriend is From Australia, an Australian Citizen . We've been dating for 2 years, met online and met physically 3 times, He visited here 2 times (25 days & 15 days respectively) and me Visited Australia last year 1 time(meet his family and stayed in one of his parent's house for 11 days). We have total of 51 days together).
We are also planning to have 2 more additional meeting this year however I am still so confused about our situation financially and emotionally and sometimes I dont know what to do.

We are both 26 years old. I am employed and he is currently doing his Uni in Australia and a part time job as well.

Our first plan is to settle in PH and he will move here but since too little chance for a foreigner to work here (low wage and high education required to get a good paying job )that's why he decided to get a degree first and I am in the stage of waiting for him for us to be eligible to settle.
He will finished uni in 2.5 years and maybe need 2 more years to get work experience and save before moving here means I need to wait 4-5 years in order for the first plan to work.

My next plan is "why not me moving there for the mean time " ?
While he is still working on his career maybe its a good idea to stay there with him he got part time job and he will be able to sustain us, I think. I have a regular job and I can start saving for my pocket money while I am there looking for a job. I think it would be easy if we both work there and earn well so we can pay full the property we bought.

We bought a soon to rise condo in a monthly amortization and that's the only joint property we have for now.

1. I am planning for a long time stay with him. Save money and Apply visa for Partner or Fiancee . Which you think we will be more qualified ?
2. We are about to have two more meet up this year, I am planning to cancel mine going to Australia again cos it will be only like 2 weeks . I am thinking every short time we spend will delay our saving for long term plans. Why not sacrifice meet up and save for next year moving there for longer stay ? (though it would be so much heartbreak not seeing him for 9 months before he will visit me again )
3. If we are qualified for partner's visa how much money my partner needs to have in his bank statement ? Assuming I already have money for $7,000 . How much more he needs to qualify sponsorship ?
4. Which of us has a higher chance to get a work , Me moving there or he moving here ?
5. We dont have a joint bank acct but we have joint property and we have trips together and pics together with family and friends. I also have tourist visa application last year which got approve for the purpose of visiting him ,Calls history , consistent messenger chat , video calls, Youtube Vlog of us, money transfers for the property amortization, mails for sending gifts, communication with his family . Do you think that will be eligible for partners VISA ?

I hope you guys will enlighten me . Thank you so much and God bless us all.

Sincerely,

Chelle

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
I think you would be best to look at the Prospective Marriage Visa (300).

There is no required amount the sponsor needs to have in the bank for any of the partner visas.

Work in Australia can be easy or hard to find, but if you are flexible with working hours and type of work - you should find something easily till you find a better job.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you would be best to look at the Prospective Marriage Visa (300).

There is no required amount the sponsor needs to have in the bank for any of the partner visas.

Work in Australia can be easy or hard to find, but if you are flexible with working hours and type of work - you should find something easily till you find a better job.
Thank you so much for taking time to read my story.
Can we apply PMV300 offshore and move there once it's approve ?

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Yes it is only an offshore application.

Once granted you must enter Australia to active it.

You need to get married within 9 months of grant date - then apply for the onshore 820 Partner Visa, this is at the reduced cost of just over $1,100 (never remember that amount). So it is this amount extra on top of the $7,000 for the PMV.

Once granted you have full work rights, but generally not Medicare till the 820 application is made.

Much less evidence is required for this path, if you try the onshore or offshore de facto or married visa you needs lots of evidence (some you have) but in reality you need to have lived together for around a year or have been actively gathering evidence for a much lesser period. In what you have posted I doubt you would qualify for a de facto mostly as it is hard to document relationship evidence in some countries such as yours.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
PMV may be better, unless you can build up sufficient co-habitation time and some sort of joint household.

I have done may successful sc. 820 visa applications, where the relationship was registered and the applicant built up enough co-habitation time on a series of visits on tourist visas, but there is always an element of uncertainty in that, especially where people have to enter and leave Australia multiple times.

Reactions: Chelle88

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Unless you don't know CCMS is a Registered Migration Agent, a person that is qualified to give migration advise.

So if anything said disagrees - take his advice over mine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes it is only an offshore application.

Once granted you must enter Australia to active it.

You need to get married within 9 months of grant date - then apply for the onshore 820 Partner Visa, this is at the reduced cost of just over $1,100 (never remember that amount). So it is this amount extra on top of the $7,000 for the PMV.

Once granted you have full work rights, but generally not Medicare till the 820 application is made.

Much less evidence is required for this path, if you try the onshore or offshore de facto or married visa you needs lots of evidence (some you have) but in reality you need to have lived together for around a year or have been actively gathering evidence for a much lesser period. In what you have posted I doubt you would qualify for a de facto mostly as it is hard to document relationship evidence in some countries such as yours.
Thank you so much for taking time to read my post and share you opinion. I appreciate it so much .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.