1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

First post!
:D
I am a mining professional , living in Australia since 2004 as resident !

I applied for citizenship back in 2009 ,which was later approved and I meant to attend the ceremony when few bad things happened in my life(mom was ill and I had an accident) and I forced to stay overseas with family.

So I asked the DIAC to withdraw in hoping to re-enter when I return; Then in my return in 2012 I was told that MY APPLICATION has been "canceled "and I shall wait again 4 years,since then mom situation got worsen and now she need 24 HRS care so I am traveling in and out just to save my PR return visa ,every few months.

Would My application of citizenship will go through if I apply now? I have only spent few months each year in the Oz(between 3- 7 months)lets say 20+ months in 4 years?
Should I give it a go?

Cheers

Thank you in the advance,

·
Registered
7 Posts
There is temporary and permanent residency but you meet the qualifications to have those visa residency. You better consult a migration agent to not letting your visa rejected.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does not seem like you can qualify for citizenship at the moment - it does not seem you are currently living in Australia even now.
Hi Ampk,

Sorry I forgot to mention, I am Permanent resident since 2006,I quit my job in mining at the end of last year just because the issues I have brought up earlier...recently I am paying a relative to look after my mother overseas, and living rentals in Brisbane in the last 14 years (just have to go back and forth every time things screw up) like a boomerang :D:D

Thanks for your time:)

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
Not you don't qualify at the moment. It needs to be no more than 12 months out of the country in the last 4 years and no more than 3 months (90 days) in the 12 months before you apply.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not you don't qualify at the moment. It needs to be no more than 12 months out of the country in the last 4 years and no more than 3 months (90 days) in the 12 months before you apply.
Thanks Mish,

Would the grant of citizenship back in 2010 changes the situation?I mean I missed it because I could not attend the ceremony?I have my CID and all that too.

Cheers,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The online system won't allow you to apply if you don't qualify. It makes you put it all your trips out of Australia from memory.
Wow, I don't have all the dates!:eek:
I am on the 34/34 page at the moment,and it is working fine! lol
I ask more people and hopefully go for the payment,I suppose?!

Cheers

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
Wow, I don't have all the dates!:eek:
I am on the 34/34 page at the moment,and it is working fine! lol
I ask more people and hopefully go for the payment,I suppose?!

Cheers
Make sure you put in all your dates of travel where it asks you because if you don't and when they find out it could be classed as having submitted fraudulent information.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.