Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I've been looking into emigrating to Australia with my family in the next 2 to 3 years. Just testing the water to see how difficult it would be to make it happen.

I'm 32, my wife 36 and my twin daughters are both 5 years old. I'm a Telecommunications Engineer focusing recently on fibre optics. My wife is an artist but has qualifications and experience in hospitality.

I've been looking into the wanted careers and it appears telecommunication engineer is one of the 'This occupation is listed on the Medium and Long term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)'. Does this make a big difference with regards to getting a visa?

Like I said, the time frame is more likely to be in the next 2 to 3 years but obviously would like to start researching now.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Andrew

·
Super Moderator
5,245 Posts
Your occupation needs to be one one of the two occupation lists, and the MLTSSL is the "better" list since it means the 189 visa is an option. Even if you don't plan to move for 2-3 years, it may be worthwhile looking into the visa now because the criteria changes from time to time so what's possible now may not be possible in the future. As well, ICT occupations are very competitive when there are a limited number of invitations to apply, so you may need to look to get into the queue sooner rather than later.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.