Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people! I've seen a few threads about this situation but was hoping to hear if anyone else has run into similar recently and how they managed it.

I've been living in Australia on a bridging visa A since last year while waiting for my 457 to get renewed, and also held full-time employment in Australia.

I recently went overseas and forgot to apply for the bridging visa B that would keep my BVA valid. I know this is on me and I should've known, having done it twice before!

Right now I'm still out of the country and reaching out to immigration lawyers for advice, but in the meantime if anyone has had (or heard of) a similar experience and managed to resolve it somehow I'd be keen to hear! It'd help me weigh my options.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
I've read of situations on here before and what I do know is to be careful which visa you use to come back as some override others. Best to use the professional advice.

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
I'd suggest you speak with a migration agent immediately. Most posts I've seen about people who have travelled on their BVA have done this while waiting for a partner visa so they've been quite inconvenienced by having to apply for a visitor visa and then waiting that out before having their BVA reinstated. In your case, not having work rights for 3+ months may be more than an inconvenience.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.