Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Sherly's here!

I'm planning to apply for a partner visa onshore soon. There is one issue that keeps bothering me. I'm fully aware that we are not supposed to tell the immigration that i'm there because i want to make another visa, i was wondering to make it less suspicious, can i state in the arrival that i'll be staying for.. let say, 2 weeks for holiday purpose, but later on ended up staying for more than 3 months (3 months with tourist visa then continue with bridging visa). Will it cause a problem? :confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you got your Visitor Visa yet?
Thanks for replying! Yes, i have a visitor visa atm. They granted me the visa last year and the visa lasts for 3 years. And theres no 8503, 8534 and 8535 conditions in my visa, which is why i plan to apply onshore.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
So go onshore for the purpose of the visa you have been granted. "How long do you intend to stay" "2 weeks to see my partner, friends, Sydney harbour".

When onshore have a final discussion with your partner about partner visas - make your decision the and if on the outcome of that discussion you need to change your plans so be it.

Just don't lie to them, that is a world of hurt.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So go onshore for the purpose of the visa you have been granted. "How long do you intend to stay" "2 weeks to see my partner, friends, Sydney harbour".

When onshore have a final discussion with your partner about partner visas - make your decision the and if on the outcome of that discussion you need to change your plans so be it.

Just don't lie to them, that is a world of hurt.
Thanks for the reply! :) I won't lie on the application, it's a genuine relationship, just for the length of intended stay period. If i state 3 months, that's lying too isn't it? Because at the end i'll stay longer.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Thanks for the reply! :) I won't lie on the application, it's a genuine relationship, just for the length of intended stay period. If i state 3 months, that's lying too isn't it? Because at the end i'll stay longer.
Plans change.

If you travel with half your house in the suitcase, it's obvious you intend to stay longer.

I've never been asked my intentions at the port of entry anyway. At the end of the day you hold a valid visa, as long as you don't intend to overstay it or breach the conditions of it then you shouldn't get much hassle at the port.

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
"Yes, i have a visitor visa atm"

Then for that you gave reason/s for its grant - Don't change those reasons keep the reason for visitor visa grant the same.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.