Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

My wife and I are applying online for a 309 visa, shes French and we live in France so the embassy is Madrid.

the information on what needs to be translated and what doesn't is very ambiguous and so far i have been unable to get through during the correct times on the number given (+44 2074203690) it just gives a busy tone except when there is nobody there then i just get a message about when its open.

there is no email address either so im wondering if anyone can explain how to contact them or if anyone knows exactly which french documents absolutely must be translated and certified and which will be accepted without a certified translation. it costs 50 Euro a page so id like to know

also what has to be done with the 888 stat dec supporting forms from AU ? ... can we scan and upload them or do they have to be sent to Madrid physically via post ?

thank you in advance
kind regards
Bushie

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
My wife and I are applying online for a 309 visa, shes French and we live in France so the embassy is Madrid.

** Most likely but not mandatory - its online so it can be transferred - think use of staff - some embassies busy others not.

the information on what needs to be translated and what doesn't is very ambiguous and so far i have been unable to get through during the correct times on the number given (+44 2074203690) it just gives a busy tone except when there is nobody there then i just get a message about when its open.

** Don't get advice from Department Of Immigration staff, they are not qualified to do so, often get it wrong and are not accountable for any incorrect information the give you - even in writing.
- I did not find it ambiguous - any documents must be in English if not they need to have approved translations. Some Embassies have said they will accept non translated documents and they have. So work out the risk you will take.

there is no email address either so im wondering if anyone can explain how to contact them or if anyone knows exactly which french documents absolutely must be translated and certified and which will be accepted without a certified translation. it costs 50 Euro a page so id like to know

* They don't want you to contact them!
Some Euro countries have dual language documents (one is in English) see if this is an option for France. Another option is to use one in Australia. Ours were emailed to one here to be translated and emailed back to use - certainly was less than 50Euro a page. We had 3 applicants and it certainly adds up. But 1 quote was around $2,000 the other a bit less than $1,000 - so shop around.

also what has to be done with the 888 stat dec supporting forms from AU ? ... can we scan and upload them or do they have to be sent to Madrid physically via post ?

** Everything is good quality, colour scans.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.