Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I am a UK citizen living in Germany and am just beginning the task of pulling everything together for a prospective marriage visa application and noticed this on the list for relationship evidence - 'a certificate showing your marital status from your local government authority'. Does anyone know exactly what this is and where to obtain one from? I am guessing i would need this from the UK rather than German authorities.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
They are like a "I'm not already married" certificate, just to show that you're legally able to tie the knot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I m an oversease student. I fell in love with a girl from my country who is already with her dependent here. she is student. I want to marry her and she is very happy to do this. What should i do to marry her? what about her dependent husband? does she need to give divorce? it was oversease marriage with him.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Onejureli, always best to start a new thread please1

But yes, if she is already married [and from overseas too] , she not only needs to be divorced and then there'll be the question of what type of visa her and her husband are on and if she was/is a secondary applicant and what a separation/divorce could mean to her legal entitlement to stay here in Australia.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.