Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone..hru? I am in a problem and wanna discuss that i am married to a indian girl and she is Australian citizen. She married to me in india in oct. 2016 and she went back to sydney Australia just after 15 days by promising me that she would come back soon. She was sending me sponsorship papers what not quickly. From her activities i was in doubt. Before marriage even i helped her with$ 80000 .she started to backmail me for more money from australia over phone.i live in india. Then she came to india for a week after 6 months in march 2017 but without letting me know. She lived somewhere for 5 days and met me only second last day. And i dropped her back to airport. I tried to ask her why u came to india. But she just said in emergency for family work i m here. But after that i came to know she is already married to a guy and cheated him too. Her brother and mother also flew away to Austrlia without letting us know. My doubts were day by day growong bcz of her bad behaviour. I got cancelled her ongoing divorce in indian district court.police of village Dakha ludhiana registered fraud case against them. But these three people are in sydney now. I have 888 forms and her mothers statuatory declaration. And other documents. I asked later that what is this???? She said u just lodge your file and why not u come to Australia. She is aware that its illegal. Now i didnt lodged my visa file with immigration Australia. Even later i came to know in my marriage present her relatives were also not real. If anyone have any knowledge what i can do aginst them let me know. Thankyou.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I am in a problem and wanna discuss that i am married to a indian girl and she is Australian citizen. She married to me in india in oct. 2016 But after that i came to know she is already married to a guy and cheated him too.
At the very least she appears to have committed bigamy if she was already married when she married you or married to you when she married the other person. Bigamy is illegal in India and Australia. What you can do about that you will need to research. Bigamy is punishable with up to 5 years imprisonment in Australia or up to 7 years in India.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am in a problem and wanna discuss that i am married to a indian girl and she is Australian citizen. She married to me in india in oct. 2016 But after that i came to know she is already married to a guy and cheated him too.
At the very least she appears to have committed bigamy if she was already married when she married you or married to you when she married the other person. Bigamy is illegal in India and Australia. What you can do about that you will need to research. Bigamy is punishable with up to 5 years imprisonment in Australia or up to 7 years in India.
......yes u r right... She is married to two persons at same time. Her another husband is also in india. Police has been registered cheating case against my wife and her family. But they are in Sydney Australia.what steps i can take in india so that i could get justice in Australia. She provided me sponsor papers for partner visa from Australia.

·
Registered
202 Posts
.....anyway do u hav an idea what steps i can take against them in Australia but i m living in india
Her first marriage is legal, the second is not. If you are her second husband then you are not married.

If both of her marriages were in India then it's an Indian crime and it will need to be reported there. The Indian police would need to extradite her to prosecute her. I don't know if bigamy is serious enough for extradition.

If she has told any lies to Australian Immigration then you can report her here: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Forms/Pages/Border-Watch.aspx

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
You would probably find that unless she has committed a crime in Australia, there is no action that would be taken. If she obtained her Australian citizenship fraudulently, you could dob her in to Immigration and it's up to them whether they take any action or not. But if her only illegal activities were two marriages in India then you would need to seek some legal action in India.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
.....anyway do u hav an idea what steps i can take against them in Australia but i m living in india
Her first marriage is legal, the second is not. If you are her second husband then you are not married.

If both of her marriages were in India then it's an Indian crime and it will need to be reported there. The Indian police would need to extradite her to prosecute her. I don't know if bigamy is serious enough for extradition.

If she has told any lies to Australian Immigration then you can report her here: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Forms/Pages/Border-Watch.aspx
i have already reported on this link... But i didnt get any reply yet she provided me all papers of partner visa sponsorship. She gave me 888 forms and her mother gave statuatory declaration attested by nsw jp. And all other required documents.. But its illegal she is already married to someone. And she is showing immigration that i am her legal husband.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You would probably find that unless she has committed a crime in Australia, there is no action that would be taken. If she obtained her Australian citizenship fraudulently, you could dob her in to Immigration and it's up to them whether they take any action or not. But if her only illegal activities were two marriages in India then you would need to seek some legal action in India.
.i have already reported to immigration.. But i didnt get any reply yet she provided me all papers of partner visa sponsorship. She gave me 888 forms and her mother gave statuatory declaration attested by nsw jp. And all other required documents.. But its illegal she is already married to someone. And she is showing immigration that i am her legal husband. In statutory declaration her mother is saying that i am her son in law. Money went in her mothers account .i helped them with $80000.

·
Registered
202 Posts
.i have already reported to immigration.. But i didnt get any reply yet she provided me all papers of partner visa sponsorship. She gave me 888 forms and her mother gave statuatory declaration attested by nsw jp. And all other required documents.. But its illegal she is already married to someone. And she is showing immigration that i am her legal husband. In statutory declaration her mother is saying that i am her son in law. Money went in her mothers account .i helped them with $80000.
Have patience with receiving a reply from Immigration. Did you give them full details for your complaint?

You helped those people with $80k? Wow! How long have you known them?

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Now i didnt lodged my visa file with immigration Australia.
If you haven't lodged your application, then I'm not sure that she's done anything illegal from an immigration standpoint. And if you lodge your application now, it will be you who are lodging an application with fraudulent documents.

I'd suggest you focus your efforts on a divorce and trying to get some of your $80K back if that's possible. But I think these are things you do in India.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi sorry to hear about your financial loss. I however think this was a marriage for visa wasn't it? You agreed to pay her $80000 and she was supposed to sponsor you. I know these arrangements are very common in Punjab since I'm myself from that region.
Now she has obviously scammed you. Likely you intended to scam the Australian immigration department through a fake marriage and this is how it turned out.
Honestly I don't see much trouble for her from Australian authorities. After all she is a citizen and Australian authorities will obviously not just deport her to India.
As someone suggested, just try to recover the money, though unlikely and hope you've learnt a valuable lesson. Good luck.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I would think if her family have lied on 888 forms they may have also committed a crime in Australia, however if you have reported this already then you have done what you can. The Australian authorities will not inform you if they are taking action against this person, as the crime there is not against you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.