Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Was just wondering if anyone who has applied for a marriage or partner visa from Japan can advise on how long it took to process and get approved.

My Partner and I applied back in December 2016, so far no contact at all from immigration. Is it normal to go 3 months without a case officer being assigned yet?

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Hi all,

Was just wondering if anyone who has applied for a marriage or partner visa from Japan can advise on how long it took to process and get approved.

My Partner and I applied back in December 2016, so far no contact at all from immigration. Is it normal to go 3 months without a case officer being assigned yet?
Depending on the processing location partner visas are taking up to 18 months to process, so yes, perfectly normal to not hear anything after 3 months.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Mania. Thats such a long time! Based on the immi website I was expecting it to be approved in 5 months.

Can anyone else share their current experience with PMV processing times.

·
Premium Member
10,530 Posts
Some embassies people do not know who their case officer is until the visa has been granted.

We don't see alot from Japan but I thought from memory the last one I saw from Japan was around 9 months.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We just had our first response.

Embassy was happy with my sponsorship application but on the actual visa application they wanted the letter from the marriage celebrant amended to include exact date and venue of wedding (Not a problem as my partner and I have already discussed this).

Now its back to waiting again. Hopefully will be soon since they only wanted a very small amendment

·
Registered
19 Posts
An old thread but I thought I would bring it back to life.

Me (Australian) living in Japan and my Wife (Japanese) applied for a 309 partner visa on 21st July 2017 via the Tokyo Embassy. We heard nothing until 24th November 2017 when they requested medical, police checks and one additional family register document, which we have submitted now.

We are assuming if they needed other details they would have asked at the same time as well, so fingers crossed ours starts moving along a bit faster during from January!

Aaron

·
Registered
19 Posts
update...

A long story but we had an issue with the Police check (names were incorrect) so had to reapply.

We finally submitted them on Tuesday 30th Jan 2018. Received Visa grant letter today 2nd Feb! Super stoked!

So a breif summary of our 309 aplication.

- We had no financial evidence (seems to be a common issue people ask coming from Japan), although we did have legal documents of marriage, living together evidence (jyuuminhyo), photos of us and friends/family, 2 stat declarations from an Asutralian friend in Tokyo and my Sister, joint travel evidence (screen shot of flight reservations). We didnt attach any Facebook post screen shots. We did explain why we didnt have financial evidence (joint bank accounts / rental contracts / major investments etc.)

- We had name and passport changes during our application.
- 4 months from application to first contact to request police checks and medical.
- 2 months to submit the police checks and medicals.
- 6 months from application to visa grant.
- We had no interview, CO or any contact except for for 1 email requesting the additional documents.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.