Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
PMV Vs partner visa

Hi all,

I am hoping someone could give me some information on a marriage visa and partner visa. If you apply for a marriage visa, after you have got married you then would apply for a partner visa ? Or is it best just do do partner visa?

Thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi all,

I am hoping someone could give me some information on a marriage visa and partner visa. If you apply for a marriage visa, after you have got married you then would apply for a partner visa ? Or is it best just do do partner bisa?

Thanks
it all depends on your circumstances and what proof you have for y our relationship.
I assume you are not married yet otherwise the question would be rather pointless.

if engaged then the level of proof required is often easier to get together, meetings, flights, photos together, correspondence, etc

if married or defacto then you have to prove that you have been living together for at least 12 months as partners, shared bills, etc

the price for either is the same, about $7,000
if you apply for and get the PMV visa, then you have 9 months (i think) to get married, then you apply for a partner visa, this will cost another $1000 or so

in either case dont forget to budget a few more $$$ if you need to use an agent, also for various medical and police check fees

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply, we have been together for 4 years and planning on getting married. I just wanted to what is cheapest way of doing it, i know either way is not cheap. But i would like to save money in the long wrong,

So doing a PMV would be the longer way?

Thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
been together or living together? thats the difference.
if you have been living together as man and wife (or whatever genders you choose) then would imagine a partner visa will be easier
if you have known each other for all that time, spent time together on holidays etc, then probably the pmv visa will be a surer thing

i don't know the timeframes of a partner visa since i will be going down the path of a pmv visa, also depends on the country you will be coming from

i am sure other wise heads will comment with better info shortly

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.