Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marriage vs Fiance Visa

820 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Lisa Ira 
#1 ·
hi guys,

just wanting some information. I am Aus citizen living here in aus and my partner is Philippine citizen living in Manila, we have been together for 2 years and flown to each other multiple times, met each others family etc. We are wanting something more permeate later with him moving here. We are wanting to get married before that happens and before we officially live together though and just wondering the complications with the visas.
I know we can do the Fiance visa if we arent married but what if we are married, haven't lived together nor do we have any children, what route do we take with the visas then? Or should we really just wait and proceed with the Fiance visa then the marriage visa.

any advice would be appreciated.

#4 ·
hi guys,

just wanting some information. I am Aus citizen living here in aus and my partner is Philippine citizen living in Manila, we have been together for 2 years and flown to each other multiple times, met each others family etc. We are wanting something more permeate later with him moving here. We are wanting to get married before that happens and before we officially live together though and just wondering the complications with the visas.
I know we can do the Fiance visa if we arent married but what if we are married, haven't lived together nor do we have any children, what route do we take with the visas then? Or should we really just wait and proceed with the Fiance visa then the marriage visa.

any advice would be appreciated.
We have almost same scenario but we decided we will go for pmv since its long distance and that is more realiztc and sure way to present docs bec of circumstances....

#6 · (Edited)
The criteria for a PMV grant is generally more lenient compared a partner visa. At the moment the processing time for a PMV is slightly shorter than an offshore partner visa, which may factor into your decision. However, as it adds an extra step to the overall partner visa process it is ultimately more expensive.

If you choose to get married and apply for a partner visa, the fact that you haven't lived together doesn't mean you can't make an application. You will, however, need strong evidence about your relationship, and should explain why you have not lived together and show that you intend to live together in the future.

Kind regards

Lisa Ira (LLB.BA.GDLP)
Principal Migration Consultant (MARN 1467616)
Proxy Migration

e: lisa@proxymigration.com.au
w: www.proxymigration.com.au

Disclaimer: This message is general in nature does not constitute migration or legal advice and should not be relied upon. To provide you with migration advice, we need to consult with you to obtain your full information and circumstances. If you wish to receive migration advice please email us to arrange an appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.