Australia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Do not underestimate the evidence you need.

You need to provide solid evidence spanning atleast the 3 years prior to applying to ensure you go straight to PR. You will need a lot more than a marriage certificate and 10 other bits of paper to show this.

So ensure you have 3 year worth of evidence to prove:
- You have joint finances (we actually showed a bank statement for each month we claimed to be defacto along with other evidence)
- Proof you have been seen socially as a couple for 3 years
- Proof you share a household together for 3 years
- Proof you have joint commitments for 3 years

Don't make the mistake of assuming all they want to see is that you have lived together.

Best of luck :)

Reactions: CollegeGirl

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
There is so much partner visa fraud going on and you would be surprised the lengths we have seen people go to so that they could secure a partner visa fraudulently so I have always felt providing as much quality evidence as possible can only be beneficial (my partner and I supplied just under 60 documents).

You can supply a variety of documents spanning over 3 years. It may be best for you to map it all out. But just try to concentrate on the last 3 years. So if you for example lived in three different countries in the last three years break it down into those three countries and look at:

1. Joint finances - how did you pay for rent? How did you pay for groceries? bills? Nights out? If it's on seperate bank accounts highlight all those type of things and in your financial statement explain in more detail. E.g if your wife does the shopping explain this as they will see why the groceries shopping only comes from her account.
2. Joint commitments - wills? Do you have pensions where you have each other listed as benefitiories? Life insurance? Power of attorney? Joint health insurance? Joint car insurance? Proof you bought a TV together or a couch or another home item?
3. Social evidence - photos at family celebrations, wedding/birthday/engagement invites? Joint travel (social evidence is the easiest one to fulfil as you have probably discovered)
4. Joint household - mail to the address you lived at? Statement explaining how your household works e.g you cook your wife does the washing

You said you have no leases prior to 2014. What did you do prior to 2014? Where were you staying? (Sorry you may have already mentioned this, I'm on my mobile so can't go back a page to read).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.