Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

just got married to my boyfriend and am jumping from TR to apply for a partner visa... the usual insecurities about everything to do with immigration seem to surface hence on the forum!

I am currently on visa 485 and will be applying for spouse visa.. any suggestions? any tips?

we have the usual wedding pics, marriage cert, joint bank acc, etc...

·
Registered
487 Posts
Read the whole partner migration booklet. Cover to cover. That's my tip. The forum here is super helpful as well. Oh, and start preparing immediately... It takes forever to get everything together.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Read the whole partner migration booklet. Cover to cover. That's my tip. The forum here is super helpful as well. Oh, and start preparing immediately... It takes forever to get everything together.
hey jmcd16, thanks for the tip!

yeh, my husband and I are literally sitting with piles of papers and docs and photographs everyday almost! its nuts!

getting medcials, APC and my country's police clearance sorted as well..

you guys seem to have got your CO assigned real quick! good stuff :)

·
Registered
487 Posts
It doesn't appear to really mean anything. We were given his first initial and last name in our acknowledgment email.... No contact information. I have heard nothing since and can't get anyone to give me meaningful information if I call. We are into our 4th month now. Processing time for a low risk country is supposed to be 5 months, but we've been seeing 7 as the average for US.
Fingers crossed for us all. You should count your blessings everyday that at least you get to wait together :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It doesn't appear to really mean anything. We were given his first initial and last name in our acknowledgment email.... No contact information. I have heard nothing since and can't get anyone to give me meaningful information if I call. We are into our 4th month now. Processing time for a low risk country is supposed to be 5 months, but we've been seeing 7 as the average for US.
Fingers crossed for us all. You should count your blessings everyday that at least you get to wait together :)
yeh, they really make us all wait a lot eh? onshore applications they say are easier and faster but i guess, its all a very nerve racking process.

I certainly am grateful for being with my husband in this nail biting process. He bites his nails and i do more paper work :p

i wish you all the luck for a speedy process

:)

·
Registered
487 Posts
They are not faster... While there is a chance you could be approved in days, it's far, far more likely that it will be a long wait. DIAC recently stated that they won't even respond to requests for updates unless you've been waiting 13 months.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.