Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

This is my first post to this forum - so HELLO! I hope you're all grand - any help you can give us would be much appreciated.

I'm applying for a provisional partner visa from the UK. My husband is an Australian citizen, we've been married since 2011 and have two children.

The question I have is; should we organise the children to become Australian citizens or include them in my application?

If you could point us in the right direction that would be great.

Many thanks,
Lou

·
Registered
13 Posts
Apply for citizenship by descent for them - much cheaper and less hassle than including them on visa application, no medicals required for them that way either.
Absolutely agreed. This is what we did for our son, significantly cheaper and the citizenship application is straightforward and relatively fast to process.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Agree. Not sure but if you lodge citizenship by descent of the 2 child at one time theres a discounted rate. Its cheaper than including them to your application and its easiest and fastest option for the children atleast you will just think of just yours soon. Kids safe :) I did mine for my 4 children

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
If they're eligible for citizenship my understanding is they're not eligible for a visa anyway. Trying to get them one would probably just delay your visa application. Citizenship by descent is the way to go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.