Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

SO it looks like *fingers crossed* we may be able to apply for the offshore partner visa as married now. We've been married since January and were waiting the 12 months for defacto status to apply. If all goes well, we may not have to anymore and we can apply as soon as there is new legislation. Yay! Might save us a couple of months. *Edit - Same sex marriage legislation that is...

My question here is, when providing evidence of the relationship is it as intense as trying to prove a defacto relationship? Or does a lot of the relationship evidence get cut out of the pile?
What evidence have other married couples here used? I've found heaps of threads on whats required for defacto but can't seem to find any for married couples.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Same visa, same requirements, same evidence.

Being married gives you one extra certificate and a few photos to add to the pile.

Hence the reason you can't find any threads in relation to married visas.

Subclass 300 PMV would be worth you looking at.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Same visa, same requirements, same evidence.

Being married gives you one extra certificate and a few photos to add to the pile.
This.

He/she wouldn't be eligible for 300, since already married.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
This.

He/she wouldn't be eligible for 300, since already married.
Argh, thanks Tijanaoc that will teach me to skim read! I don't know how I managed to read it that way but I took from it they would be marrying when the legislation comes into play if and when it does. Totally missed the line about being married.

OP please disregard the 300 comment, rest of the post still stands.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No worries thanks so much for the reply! So really the only thing we've gained is that we don't have to wait the 12 months to apply. We could apply a little earlier with the same evidence.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
No worries thanks so much for the reply! So really the only thing we've gained is that we don't have to wait the 12 months to apply. We could apply a little earlier with the same evidence.
As long as you can supply all the evidence relevant to the visa you the time of application.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.