Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day! I would like to ask for some info that might be of help to my situation. I am Samantha, a subclass visa 475 applicant. I lodged my application in 2009 and I belong to priority 5. My fiancé is on a TR visa. We read about the amendments imposed starting on July 1, 2012 and apparently it will take long before they commence processing applications belonging to priory 5. My fiancé and I can’t afford to wait for another year we want to get married soon. I plan to go to OZ on a tourist visa and get married with him. I wanna know:
1.) if this is possible considering I will only be on a tourist visa?
2.) and if so, how long will the transition be so I could acquire the same visa status as my husband’s?
3.) If I will be on TR status as my husband, what will happen to my 475 application?
Thank you for finding time reading my enquiry. Any suggestion or info will be much appreciated.

- Samantha-

·
Registered
41 Posts
1- Its possible but you will have to leave the country when your tourist visa expires you will not be given a bridging visa.
2 - These days its taking 6 months on average.
3 - I am not really sure but i think you will have to withdraw that application.

Cheers
Saki

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1- Its possible but you will have to leave the country when your tourist visa expires you will not be given a bridging visa.

Cheers
Saki
Thank you so much for the info Saki. If this isn't too much i wanna ask for more information: while waiting for me to get a TR visa, would it be possible to extend my tourist visa for another 3 months? do u have any idea what's my chance of having my tourist visa extended; are they strict about this?

Once again thank you so much for your time reading my enquiry and I appreciate the info you've shared.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes their is a high chance that they will not give you an extension bcoz you will have aplied for TR and they will know that you just want to live here and not a genuine tourist so they can refuse the extension. My suggestion would be to apply and go back so that your application for spouse visa dont get effected.

Saki

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes their is a high chance that they will not give you an extension bcoz you will have aplied for TR and they will know that you just want to live here and not a genuine tourist so they can refuse the extension. My suggestion would be to apply and go back so that your application for spouse visa dont get effected.

Saki
Thank you so much Saki from the bottom of my heart. God bless :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.