Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am new to this forum. My wife and I recently decided to move to Australia. I got my bachelors and Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering but my doctorate is in Materials Science. I have more then 12 years working experience, 30 publications in journal of international repute (more related to materials science and engineering), completed different Mechanical/Materials engineering projects.
I am confused in writing my CDR, more focus on Mechanical Engineering side or the Materials, which degree Engineer Australia Consider (suggestion required).
I have absolutely no idea, how to write CDR, so I would be very grateful to forumites if provide me sample (approved) CDR.
Thank you very much in advance.

Good luck to all.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
To get an engineering assessment, my view is that you are better off sticking with your base degree, though if there is an occupational category for materials engineer on the SOL and you feel more comfortable with your experience in that occupation, I would check whether EA will consider your doctorate on top the degre/masters in doing an assessment.

I've not had to do a CDR myself, but is there no guide on the EA site?
In any case I feel you will need to give a detailed outline of your experience, with reference to positions held, key responsibilities and be able to support your claims by documentation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.