Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

I have a few questions regarding the process for Partner Visa 820/801. We have just received communications from DIBP to send a few documents regarding our application including:
- Medical examination for me
- Polio vaccination for me
- Police check for sponsor - Australia, and other countries he's been to for more than 12 months
- Completed and signed Form 40SP for sponsor (even though he has filled up and submitted the online application form)

We lodged our application online on 20 June 2017.

We received this communication just 1 day before I was due to leave overseas (on Bridging Visa B), for which I will be away for 26 days (pretty much the whole duration when we're supposed to respond to DIBP). My partner is currently abroad in North America for his work and will not be back until mid-November. My questions are:
1) Can I do my medical examination offshore in Malaysia instead of Australia even though I did my application onshore?
2) We are trying as best as we can to complete the applications for the police check for my partner while he's overseas but there will be some aspects where he needs to do it in Australia (E.g. biometrics), how can we communicate this situation to DIBP that it'll take longer than 28 days?
3) Anyone here has been required to do polio vaccination before? I expect I was requested to do because I've been to Nigeria for work but DIBP specifically mentioned that I need to do the vaccination only if I had spent 28 or more days in the country. I've only been there for 5 days for work. What sort of documentation should I provide to prove this apart from my own personal statement? (The trip was recorded on my old passport which I no longer I have. I still have the work email colleague sent me about our itinerary).
4) Does my partner still need to fill up the Form 40SP form and attach it to Immi Account even though he has completed the online version and submitted?

Appreciate your advice!

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
You can do the medical anywhere as long as you have your HAP. Google "Australian Panel Doctor" and you will find out where you can do it in the country you are going to.

Biometrics can be collected in many places. Google Biometrics Collection for Australian visas you will find out where you can do that.

Polio vaccinations are being asked of quite a lot of people these days.

If form 40 SP has been asked for just do it. All the of information is on the application form. Fill it out online and attach it to your application. There is a problem with the documents checklist and case officers are not well trained. I never bother with form 40SP and I never get asked for it.

Send DIBP a letter telling that you are getting everything for them. They will give you a time extension

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can do the medical anywhere as long as you have your HAP. Google "Australian Panel Doctor" and you will find out where you can do it in the country you are going to.

Biometrics can be collected in many places. Google Biometrics Collection for Australian visas you will find out where you can do that.

Polio vaccinations are being asked of quite a lot of people these days.

If form 40 SP has been asked for just do it. All the of information is on the application form. Fill it out online and attach it to your application. There is a problem with the documents checklist and case officers are not well trained. I never bother with form 40SP and I never get asked for it.

Send DIBP a letter telling that you are getting everything for them. They will give you a time extension
Hi, Jeremy thanks so much for your reply!

Medical Examination
I did end up doing medical checks in Malaysia so it's all sorted.

Polio Vaccination
I spoke to the officer in Malaysia processing office here and was told if I didn't spend more than 28 in any of the countries mentioned, I can just submit a formal statement to say I don't need polio vaccination.

Biometrics
My partner will need to be in Australia for his biometrics to be done for Singapore. And Indian embassy wants to collect his passport for 8 weeks for the police checks, it's proving to be long and arduous process so we will definitely send a letter to DIBP to inform these are being done and will take time.

Form 40SP
We will fill up the paper form and attach as instructed!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.