Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi quick question?

When CO asks for medical and police checks, does this mean they have approved our forms and evidence, would they waste our time and money in asking for these if they already reached a decision with our application?

Im australian and my girlfriend is applying offshore for spouse visa in UK, we have been together for 1.5 years and lived together in aus and UK. we received our evidence back in mail and then asked for medical and police checks.

Would their be legal issues if they asked us to submit medical checks if they have already reached a decision or would they straight up say you don't have enough evidence and wouldn't bother asking?

any help would be appreciated...

·
Registered
51 Posts
We wondered the same thing when we applied!

I think it should be taken as "so far so good". You can still be denied based on your CRC and your medical.

I haven't been on immi forums for very long but so far I haven't seen spouse visas denied (especially not for people who meet the criteria). I have heard of some of the other visas being denied but it's a different process than the spouse ones.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
692 Posts
I suspect that your application is going forward. I think the whole idea of asking for medicals later in the process is so people don't incur further cost as the medical is pretty expensive.

I think there would have to be some very serious grounds for the spouse visa application not to go through.

As to whether there are any legal issues, I am sure the Aussie government has something to protect themselves against being sued from people being denied a visa.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all
I have been requested for a medical test. but currently am in UK , is there any additional things which i need to do if i submit my medical test from UK . hope to hear from you soon.
thanks
gms

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Hi all
I have been requested for a medical test. but currently am in UK , is there any additional things which i need to do if i submit my medical test from UK . hope to hear from you soon.
thanks
gms
There's also the police check if that has not been asked for yet or provided with your application.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.