Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fiance has done a medical check for another visa in Australia within the last 12 months and we'd like to apply for a partner visa onshore soon (we are out of country but will be back, marry and apply in a few months). Is it necessary to do the medical again?

I'm mostly worried because he was sick and had to go to emergency hospital not too long after that medical and do another x-ray. That's a lot of x-rays in a very short time frame and I'm already worried about any possible long term effects...

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Depends what type of visa that medicals were for. If it is a temporary visa medicals need to be done again because medicals for a temporary visa are different to a permanent visa.

Also remember that DIBP have the right to request new medicals if they are older than 12 months at time of grant. For this reason we usually suggest people wait a few months before doing the medicals.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depends what type of visa that medicals were for. If it is a temporary visa medicals need to be done again because medicals for a temporary visa are different to a permanent visa.

Also remember that DIBP have the right to request new medicals if they are older than 12 months at time of grant. For this reason we usually suggest people wait a few months before doing the medicals.
It was for visitor 600. I suppose we'll just include the receipt for it and they'll ask when they need the medicals then.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.