Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am Australian and my Italian husband and I are applying for a partner visa. I have been searching the internet but can't find any info on where to get medicals and what exactly we need to do? Xrays I think, but what type?
I have tried daily calling the Aus embassy in Rome but as always they never answer the phone or return emails!

We are in Calabria in the south if that helps.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Hi,

The list of panel doctors in Italy is available here:
Italy - Panel Doctors

However I'm not sure whether, applying offshore, you should wait until your CO asks for the medical to be done or not.

Some more general information:
Do I visit both a Panel doctor and a radiologist?
In most cases, you should attend a Panel doctor first and, if an x-ray is required, the Panel doctor will refer you to a Panel radiologist. In some cases, however, you will be advised by the department that only a radiological examination is required for your visa application. In these instances, the department will supply you with a list of Panel radiologists.

Referrals
In some countries, you may need a referral from a doctor to make an appointment with a radiologist.
Note: If you are advised that only a radiological examination is required for your visa application, you do not need to attend a Panel doctor to obtain a referral.

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/panel-doctors/

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Sarah,
Thanks for the reply. I had already read that site and saw the panel doctors but they are not in our region, which means travelling far with a small baby....difficult. We've not yet applied, but once done I'll wait for the Co to request medicals like you say, maybe they even have a solution!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Leanne said:
Hi Sarah,
Thanks for the reply. I had already read that site and saw the panel doctors but they are not in our region, which means travelling far with a small baby....difficult. We've not yet applied, but once done I'll wait for the Co to request medicals like you say, maybe they even have a solution!
You can also call the panel doc. Sometimes they already know which tests are standard for the visa. And it gives you a price idea so you'll know what to expect for cost.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just had my meds done in the UK - and would agree there are not enough panel doctors - I was only 1.5 hours from one but in some places it is a long way.
The panel doctors here are located in private hospitals so you have the X-ray and the doctors visits all at the same time.
I had a chest X-ray, blood test, urine test, eye sight, blood pressure and a chat / check over by the doctor.
I waited for my case officer to tell me to get them done which was about a week after submitting my application, I then had 49 days to get them completed but had to wait over a week for an appointment which I could make.

Good luck!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Vyktoria,
Great idea! Maybe if we call, they can tell us what we need and we can go to a hospital here and get them done. Never thought of that. That's why this site is so useful! I'll still wait for the CO. Well, i need to apply first!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.