Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
My boyfriend applied for a working visa from Sweden and has been told that he needs to get a medical examination. This is because when he filled out the form he ticked the part that said he would need to enter into healthcare facilities whilst in Australia, because he has ADD and needs medication for it.
Will having ADD and the fact that he needs to access healthcare facilities prevent him from getting the working visa?
He is in excellent health condition and able to work hard, he just needs to be able to get medication every now and then for this minor condition.
Any help would be great, feeling nervous that he would be denied.
Also will they look into this stuff in the healthcare examination or are they just focused on things like chest x-rays and blood tests or will they look into mental disorder of ADD?

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
ADD wouldn't prevent him from getting a visa. They'd be more focused on things like TB which could spread to the local community if it weren't treated first.

Reactions: FreyJ

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope you're right :)
He's been sent off to get further evidence from his psychiatrist that he can look after him self.
Is this a normal process? He is very much capable of looking after himself and just needs some medication.
Wondering if he should not have ticked the box saying he needed to enter into healthcare facilities here and just figured out how to get the medication when he got here.
We're getting nervous that they could deny him on something so small.

·
Registered
266 Posts
It might be better to try and contact the case officer and explain that the question was misinterpreted.
The question is really there for people going to work in a healthcare environment. However, all he will really need is (I am guessing) is to see a GP for drugs.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Maybe a little bit off topic, I was wondering if the results of the medical would be available for the applicant to view and get a copy of? Has anyone asked for a copy?
Hey Honey Bear,

I highly doubt the applicant is able to view the results of the medicals done for a visa application. I have gone through medicals twice for Australia and all I saw was an update on the emedical website that they had been submitted to the high commission.

The results are private and confidential, so private and confidential that the person undergoing the tests isn't even allowed to know what the results were...LOL. They are only for the approved doctors who do the medicals, the Australian High Commission/Australian Embassy processing the visa application and their medical officer.
Might wanna double check with other seniors as well :)
Hope this helps. Good luck!

Kind Regards,
Becky

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Thanks Becky, I really appreciate your reply. It would be nice to see the results, especially since we paid for the medical. Oh well ��
I get what you mean :) The medical centre I got mine done at didn't even tell me if they had submitted my medicals to the high commission when I called them cause they aren't allowed to disclose this confidential information.
They asked me to call the high commission. Then I found out that we could check our medicals using the HAP ID and the passport number online where it says the date when the reports were submitted. That was really helpful.

Good Luck with yours. Hope all goes well.

Kind Regards,
Becky

·
Registered
291 Posts
Thanks Becky, I really appreciate your reply. It would be nice to see the results, especially since we paid for the medical. Oh well dde01
I place I had mine done were really good, they didn't let me see my results but they let me know they were clear and that there were no flags they were worried about. The doctor sat down and explained everything to me and basically said all results were clear and normal.

They emailed me to let me know they'd submitted them to DIBP and gave me a reference number. I emailed immigration with that reference number and they confirmed they had received them.

:)

·
Registered
559 Posts
Hey Honey Bear,

I highly doubt the applicant is able to view the results of the medicals done for a visa application. I have gone through medicals twice for Australia and all I saw was an update on the emedical website that they had been submitted to the high commission.

The results are private and confidential, so private and confidential that the person undergoing the tests isn't even allowed to know what the results were...LOL. They are only for the approved doctors who do the medicals, the Australian High Commission/Australian Embassy processing the visa application and their medical officer.
Might wanna double check with other seniors as well :)
Hope this helps. Good luck!

Kind Regards,
Becky
What if they did find something serious wrong though? That you obviously had no clue about. Would they tell you?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
What if they did find something serious wrong though? That you obviously had no clue about. Would they tell you?
Yes, if they found something that you needed treatment for, they will be letting you know. But the initial stage of medicals and the results are confidential as mentioned before.

Kind Regards,
Becky

Sent from my iPhone using Australia Forum App

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.