Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what is involved in the medical examinations?
are they specific to the contry that you are in, or standard for all.

also the doctors here (croatia) have told us they need a letter from the embassy in berlin stating i am able to have the medical exam done, however the embassy said i can have the examinations before sending my application...
Is it worth going into the embassy in Zagreb to resolve this? are they able to give the information to the doctor to begin.....

we are interested in sending in a complete application.....is this advisable?
:confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can anyone tell me what is involved in the medical examinations?
are they specific to the contry that you are in, or standard for all.

also the doctors here (croatia) have told us they need a letter from the embassy in berlin stating i am able to have the medical exam done, however the embassy said i can have the examinations before sending my application...
Is it worth going into the embassy in Zagreb to resolve this? are they able to give the information to the doctor to begin.....

we are interested in sending in a complete application.....is this advisable?
:confused::confused::confused:
Hi, I can only tell you about the medical we had, not sure if its the same as for your country. We are already in Oz and have an application in for ENS 856.

Our medical was in two parts. The first day was:

Height
Weight
Eye test
Bloods
Urine
X-Ray

The second visit was with the doctor who gave us a phyical and asking about medical history. Nothing to worry about, just time spent waiting for our names to be called. We also got the results in a sealed envalope at the end of the second visit which we gave to our migration agent.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Yes, medicals would normally be straightforward enough and with some countries there may be a Chest Xray requested.
It seems doctors of some countries may have a limited understanding of the situation and either you may need to be a little more persistent or pay a visit to the embassy in Zagreb to see if someone can ring the doctor to advise you can do it ahead of a visa application.
The only danger with that is if for some reason processing of the visa takes longer than usual, the medical examination could lose its validity or at best you are going to be left with a very short period in which to travel to Australia once the visa is granted for the date you need to enter is usually based on a 12 months validity of the medical examination.

·
Registered
64 Posts
the forms that the doctor has to complete are downloadable from the immigration website, hence they are the same for everyone. The chest x-ray is only compulsory for certain countries. It's just a thorough general checkup really, nothing to worry about.

Have you tried calling another panel doctor in Croatia? There might be a few and they might not all say they require a letter from the embassy. We didn't need one when we did ours in Argentina. They only asked that we print out the forms to complete.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.