Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

I’m now back as I’ll soon start my 820 application as my PMV is ending end of May 2018.

Need few advises before I start the application.

1) I believe I should do the medical again as my previous one which I did for PMV was done mid of March 2017, which is more than a year ago. Please confirm

2) The last Police Cert I provided was around mid Aug 2017 which I provided for my PMV. I believe there’s none to provide this time right unless they can ask around Aug 2018? FYI I moved to Aus in mid Dec 2017.

3) Should my wife (sponsor) provide any Police Certificate?

4) In the booklet it says I have to provide a certified copy of the registry extract showing details of our marriage. So that means the wedding certificate which we applied with Aus Registries of Births, Deaths and Marriages isn’t acceptable?

5) My PMV was processed in Pretoria-SA. Do you have any idea whether the 820 would be processed there itself or in Aus?

Cheers

Selwyn

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
You shouldn't need to do a medical so don't unless specifically requested by a CO. I don't even think I uploaded my police certs but if I did, they would have been the same ones from the 300. Sponsor may be asked for a police check as previously you applied before it became a thing for every sponsor. You can wait and see if a CO requests it if you want.

The legal marriage certificate is all we supplied.

My 820 was processed in Oz.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You shouldn't need to do a medical so don't unless specifically requested by a CO. I don't even think I uploaded my police certs but if I did, they would have been the same ones from the 300. Sponsor may be asked for a police check as previously you applied before it became a thing for every sponsor. You can wait and see if a CO requests it if you want.

Thx a lot dear

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

The AFP police check that my sponsor will apply, i believe we just go on the www.afp.gov.au to apply right?

Moreover, is there a specific AFP that she should apply?

Also that's the one which costs AUD 42?

·
Registered
6,877 Posts
The AFP police check that my sponsor will apply, i believe we just go on the www.afp.gov.au to apply right?

Moreover, is there a specific AFP that she should apply?

Also that's the one which costs AUD 42?
I recall this when we did the Police check for the 820 after PMV, but that was for the applicant. The sponsor did not need one at that time.

You should use Code 33 at Question 1 on the form and include details of any, and all, names you have been known by.

Our 820 was done in Australia.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.