Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping to get some info about what exactly the medical examination has in store for my husband!!!

I am Australian, he is Canadian and we live in Canada together at the moment, we applied for Subclasses 309 and 100 3 months ago and have just received notification requesting his medical examinations be done.

I can't really find any information about what exactly the tests are and what they look for... the reason being that we are both occasional marijuana users and wonder if that will effect his tests and ultimately approval of his visa???

We haven't scheduled the appointment yet, wanted to find out as much as I could about the process and what they are going to look for before we do it, in case we can just hold it off for another week or 2 and get everything out of his system.

Any advice or help would be appreciated...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi there,
search for 'all forms' on the immigration website and check out number 26. (sorry the forum won't let me post you the link) This is the form that the panel doctor needs to complete so you will know exactly what will be examened. There is also a blood and urine test. Your partner may be required to do a chest x-ray also, that requires another form but I don't remember which number it is.
I was under the impression that marijuana can only be found in the system for 72hs or so? (that is not gospel! google it because I really don't know, i'm not a smoker) I don't know how occasional you mean by 'occasional' but I would just lay off it for a couple of weeks before your appointment.
Good luck!

DesdeBsAs

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!! We've gone through the forms for the medical and chest x-ray, but it doesn't really cover much about blood/urine tests. To be safe, we'll just schedule the appointment for a couple of weeks from now and stay off it for that time, plus the week it's already been.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I guess you wouldn't think that they'd test for every single drug.. don't they have to be tested for individually? I mean where would they draw the line in terms of which drugs to test for? Marijuana should be low on the priority list... but you never know... this is Australia.... and everyone knows how Canadians love the weed! :p

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm hoping to get some info about what exactly the medical examination has in store for my husband!!!

I am Australian, he is Canadian and we live in Canada together at the moment, we applied for Subclasses 309 and 100 3 months ago and have just received notification requesting his medical examinations be done.

I can't really find any information about what exactly the tests are and what they look for... the reason being that we are both occasional marijuana users and wonder if that will effect his tests and ultimately approval of his visa???

We haven't scheduled the appointment yet, wanted to find out as much as I could about the process and what they are going to look for before we do it, in case we can just hold it off for another week or 2 and get everything out of his system.

Any advice or help would be appreciated...
My husband had his medical a few months ago - x-ray is mainly for TB
Medical to make sure that you don't have some debilitating disease that will cost the Australian Gov. a lot of money to support you.
Urine - have no idea what they were looking for - but to be on the safe side - wait two weeks before you have a test.
Find out the Doctor that is registered in your region to do the medical for this Visa application, and call to make an appointment 2 weeks out. It normally takes that long anyway to get an appointment.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks.... we'll wait a couple of weeks to be on the safe side!!!

And yeah... Canadians certainly do love the weed...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.