Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

My parent will be doing a consultation with George Lombard consultancy regarding health requirements for the Contributory Parent visa. The consultancy will need to look at my parents’ medical histories, however, these are written in Dutch and Norwegian. It is up to us to get these translated to English. What is the most affordable way to do this? A verified translator has quoted roughly $50 per 100 words.

We are obviously happy to pay for any service but are trying to find the most affordable options as the visa process is already very expensive.

Any advice is appreciated,

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
2,110 Posts
Hi everyone,

My parent will be doing a consultation with George Lombard consultancy regarding health requirements for the Contributory Parent visa. The consultancy will need to look at my parents' medical histories, however, these are written in Dutch and Norwegian. It is up to us to get these translated to English. What is the most affordable way to do this? A verified translator has quoted roughly $50 per 100 words.

We are obviously happy to pay for any service but are trying to find the most affordable options as the visa process is already very expensive.

Any advice is appreciated,

Thank you
Check with Lombards, for their own use there may be no need to have the translation verified.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check with Lombards, for their own use there may be no need to have the translation verified.
Thanks. When you say there's no need for it to be verified, could I then potentially translate it myself? It might not be as accurate if there are many medical terms but it would save some money. This is what George Consultancy wrote in an e-mail "you will be required to get your medical histories translated - that will be an additional cost that you will need to pay."

I'll probably ask them if it has to be verified or not.

Thanks again :)

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
AFAIK, the translations don't need to be verified (i.e. witnessed or certified), however they do need to be professional translations. Doing it yourself gives too much risk that people will rephrase things in their favour, whereas a professional will do it based on what's written in the documents.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.