Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I am a Brit and my Aussie wife is sponsoring me for my permanent visa. We are in Australia already, and in the process of completing the forms, but are in need of a bit of help. The health screening section says spouses and children need to be screened too...does anyone know if this is the case if the spouse and children have Australian citizenship?
If anyone can help, it will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Pete

· Premium Member
9,762 Posts
Hi Pete -

Generally no, since they will not be migrating, but I'm a bit confused by the language of your question - are you referring to your children who are citizens? Your wife's children who are already citizens? etc. If you can clarify that would be helpful.

Best,

Mark Northam

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi. Thanks for getting back. Sorry...I realise I wasn't terribly clear! My wife is Australian and one child has an Aussie passport. The other is about to apply for hers. I'm keen to get the screening done to try and speed things up, but on reading the Partner Visa booklet, it sounds like the whole family has to be screened. As they could technically come and live here without the screening, I was wondering if it was really necessary? We have rather a lot on our plates at the moment and it's a bit overwhelming!

· Premium Member
9,762 Posts
Hi Pete -

Your Australian citizen wife and her Australian citizen children (passports or not) would not be subject to health checks as part of your partner visa migration as far as I know, as they would not be migrating to Australia and are already citizens. That being said, if you had non-Australian children that would be a different story.

Hope this helps -

Best,

Mark Northam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.