Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys just wondering if anyone have gone thru a similar situation.

I went for my medical in Melbourne in may 2018 - after the chest xray was advised that i may have an inactive TB but they are not sure as they don't have sufficient information and would need me to go further test -
After few days I was sent a letter from BUPA saying a chest clinic will contact me and would instruct me where to go and how to get the futher test done and they also mentioned it may take upto 2 months -

I contacted Bupa after a month thinking surely there would be an other way to fast track the test but to my shock they responded by saying that in Melbourne the waiting time is actually 6 months so I argued that why the letter says upto 2 months.

I am happy to pay extra and get the test done from any other registered panel clinics/doctors to get this done quicker but according to BUPA I just have to wait which is f***ing annoying -

Its already been 2 months now and no response yet I really want to know if anyone have gone thru a similar situation and how long does it actually took them to get this sputum test done - most importantly when were they actually given an appointment or called from the chest clinic.

Looking forward to hear your experience.

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi steve thanks for responding.

The thing is they are not even sure if I do have inactive TB.

All they said is there is abnormality in the xray compared to the last one they had 4 years ago.

The issue is if I am not wrong if your wife had to go thru medicals offshore she could have straight away gone to the panel doctors to get further test done or start the treatment.

In my case as its onshore all they said is a chest clinic will contact me and I don't have to do anything further myself - its already been 2 months I haven't heard from no chest clinic.

So if they are going to contact me after 6 months and then I go for the test which I believe take 3 months for the results and then if there is indeed an inactive TB or active TB they'll put me on medication which is again a process of 6 months which just sounds stupid.

Anyway last question to you mate so your wife had an inactive TB but still she had to go thru medications and treatment ? or she actually have an active TB.

The funny thing is I have no history of TB and I haven't even been outside of Australia for the last 6 years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.