Australia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ,
I’m on a onshore visitor visa in Australia although it has been 1 year I applied for 309 partner visa , can I enrol in Medicare in Australia. Please if anyone has information please leave a comment…

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
Hi ,
I’m on a onshore visitor visa in Australia although it has been 1 year I applied for 309 partner visa , can I enrol in Medicare in Australia. Please if anyone has information please leave a comment…
You can enrol in Medicare if you live in Australia and have applied for either:
  • a permanent residency visa, except for a parent visa
  • a permanent protection visa.
This includes if you’ve applied for a combined spouse visa 309/100 or 820/801.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can enrol in Medicare if you live in Australia and have applied for either:
  • a permanent residency visa, except for a parent visa
  • a permanent protection visa.
This includes if you’ve applied for a combined spouse visa 309/100 or 820/801.

Hi jande.
yes I’m currently onshore on visitor but my 309 is in process and I didn’t get the grant .Can I enrol now in Medicare.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I’m on a onshore visitor visa in Australia although it has been 1 year I applied for 309 partner visa , can I enrol in Medicare in Australia. Please if anyone has information pl
The key criteria is that you have applied for a permanent visa.

By applying for the 309 visa, you are actually applying for the first stage of the the 2 stage 309/100 permanent partner visa.

So while the 309 first stage partner visa is temporary, it is part of the eventual permanent application so is eligible for Medicare once you are in Australia on any visa.

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
Hi jande.
yes I’m currently onshore on visitor but my 309 is in process and I didn’t get the grant .Can I enrol now in Medicare.
Yes. You have applied for a Permanent Visa, 309/100, as per the conditions required.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Although you cannot get a bridging visa and must keep re-applying for an onshore 600 Visitor visa to stay lawful, you are eligible for Medicare. And your 309 visa can now be granted while you are onshore.

Lisa De Leon
Australian Visa Options
MARN 1170616

1 - 6 of 6 Posts