Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys. Hope all of you are fine.

Im new to this forum and I am from Malaysia. Me and my wife recently had a baby, few months old now. Looking at recent happenings, we are very worried and planned for a move.

A bit on our background:

1. I am a PhD in Engineering from the UK, worked in the UK for a shortwhile and returned to Malaysia in 2013.
2. My wife is a medical officer and currently practising locally.

As a first step, I approached three different MARA agencies, where two agencies informed I have enough for a 189. The important parts are that I have 3 years working experience which earned me 5 points and my jobs in the UK were not counted, and then both agencies informed me that I can take up Pearson instead of IELTS, which can be used for both assessing and VISA authority.

However, the third agency informed me that I can only go for 190, cause it seems the VISA authority will slash off 1 year of my working experience, so only two years are counted, and that the assessment authority does not recognise Pearson, while only IELTS is considered.

Now im quite confused, any experts can enlighten my situation please? Thank you and much appreciated!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.